cruising the med in oct?

irishguy

Autumn will be cooler but hardly what anyone would call "chilly" (except at night a little); very nice.

There be more rain than the arid summer but less than the months following, maybe a couple of days with rain per week.

Hi,

I was on Millennium late October/early November 2004 and the weather was fantastic. The ports were far quieter than in summer, meaning you had less crowds at all the attractions (pompeii for example) You will love it! I am on Millennium in the Med in November this year, and just can't wait.

Have a wonderful time

Ian :D

One of the ways to get details on specific ports is to Google for websites.

I have cruised in November in the Eastern Mediterranean and had only one day of rain. There are certain areas in the Western mediterranean that could be very cloudy for a number of days.

Here's one site:

http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/ITXX0067_f.html

November is the wettest month in Rome, October the next worst

We did the Trans-Atlantic Oct. 14th last year and in each port the weather was to die for.... at sea... it rained...lol..but I would do that trip again in a heart beat....and I just may... October weather was wonderful....it did rain as we left Barcelona..but we were safely onboard...

I was in the med last fall from mid late to late October. Both months are great times to be there. The weather is nice and there are less tourists relative to the peak times during the summer months. I have also been there in the summer. I definitely prefered September/October l over the summer months. Have a great time.

Keith

We've cruised the Med twice in October from Barcelona and had great weather except for pouring down rain in Naples and a very rough crossing from Malta back to Barcelona. The cruise before us in 2004 had terrible weather and missed Livorno because the ship couldn't dock safely. So you do have a chance of rain, but it's worth it to avoid the crowds which, although plentiful, are not wall to wall the way I imagine they are in the summer.

We cruised last year from Oct 24-Nov. 6 - weather was delightful. Warm but not hot, one mildly rainy day in Venice (on and off), one cool morning in Athens. The rest perfect for touring..either shirtsleeve or light sweater days and somewhat cooler evenings. Couldn't have been better especially due to smaller crowds. We hope to go back 'off season' again in a year or two.

Ive been to the med twice in October/early November and once in July/August. The weather was almost perfect in the fall, and very very hot in the summer. We were also fortunate in that I don't remember rain or weather affecting any of our ports, with the exception of some drizzle on one of the days in Gibraltar.

As the others have said, it's less crowded and not nearly so hot then.

Allen

Archived