Upgrade Question?

jhannah

I just visited Travelocity, and while the prices for the room that I have already reserved are the same, I figured out that for only $200 more I can get a VF, Deluxe Verandah Stateroom # 4020. I would be leaving my exact center of the ship room, but would have a balcony. Should I call my TA and just pay the extra $200? Is it too late because I already paid in full? Any advice??

If the cabin is available, I think they will upgrade you if you pay the price. I'd give the TA a quick call.

Wow. As I look at this post, it's been placed AHEAD of the OP's post! Wierd!

Thanks, I just sent my TA an email. I'm not really in a rush, so I didn't call her. And I've asked her SOOOOO much already that I'm beginning to feel like I'm starting to bother her :rolleyes: Thanks for the advice!

BTW, yeah its weird that your post is before mine when I'm the one who started it :eek:

We always choose a veranda cabin and have never not used it to the max.

Are you saying $200 per person or just $200? Either way, except if you have really awful weather on the way down, I think it's worth it. The floor to ceiling glass in the cabin and being able to open the door is fantastic.

Once in the English channel the wind was too strong to even get the door open, and that's the only night we slept with the door closed, even in Norway.

it's your first cruise, go for it, you'll love it.

GN

What's really funny is that both Jim and Aloha's have the time posted as 7:26. Weired!!!

Jim...you've been keeping your special talents secret from us. Now that you have revealed your powers--------

;)

We always choose a veranda cabin and have never not used it to the max.

Are you saying $200 per person or just $200? Either way, except if you have really awful weather on the way down, I think it's worth it. The floor to ceiling glass in the cabin and being able to open the door is fantastic.

Once in the English channel the wind was too strong to even get the door open, and that's the only night we slept with the door closed, even in Norway.

it's your first cruise, go for it, you'll love it.

GN

Well....Travelocity had it at exactly $200 total with the extra fees and such. However, when I asked my TA to call HAL, they told her it would be $160 per person...I think I'd rather buy something with $320 rather than get a balcony/lanai. I am going to keep my eyes open for upgrades, though.

Soooo...just out of curiosity, I went to the HAL website and tried to see their prices for upgrading to a balcony room. The official website even quoted me at the $200 total price. Is it common practice when a TA speaks to a HAL Booking Agent to raise the prices over what is on the website (again, we were told by TA that it would be $160 each, not $200 total)?

Archived