Services Concierge May Provide for Deluxe Suites?

FinelyRetired

Love the ladies who work up there.

They can do amost anything: helping arrange private dinner/cocktail parties incl. sending invitations and arranging for a private waiter, booking shore excursions, making reservations for Pinnacle and appointments for the Spa - even finding a pair of tuxedo pants for my travel partner who forgot to pack his own!

...and their memory is amazing - I even had one young lady (Lizzette) call me up on Noordam and tell me that she remembered me from my previous cruise on Oosterdam!

We were so impressed with our concierges on the W'dam!! They handled everything we needed - and some things we didn't even have to ask for.

On day 3 of our cruise (Alaksa May-06) our son turned 12. We awoke to balloons and a sign on our door saying "Happy 12th Birthday David!" (compliments of our Netpune Concierges!!).

Another day my oldest son went to the Neptune for chocolate covered strawberries - he actually ate his weight in these during the week - and they were out. He asked Melanie when they would have more and she said she would find out and let him know. Within minutes she appeared at our cabin door with a plate full of chocolate covered strawberries for him!

My husband and two boys brought along their golf clubs so they could "play golf in Alaska" - Melanie arranged their golf outing (it was not one of the listed excursions) - way above and beyond!

She and Michelle also arranged our Pinnacle Grill reservations as well as our massages in the spa!

Having them was a wonderful perk to our suite life! Hope this helps.

Janet

THE CONCIERGES SOUND WONDERFUL...and I'm looking forward to enjoying every aspect of the "suite life" on my next cruise (Oct '06 on the WESTERDAM).

Does anyone know if the concierges are compensated within the automatic $10/day/person HAL tipping policy or should we plan to bring some extra cash to "thank" these helpful people? Also, what would be an appropriate amount to show our gratitude of their services?

Debjo (new to HAL and wanting to do things right!)

As mentioned above, they will attempt anything for you. I was astounded to see a fellow passenger get the concierge change all her family's arrangements for their return flights on what appeared to be a whim.

My wife commented that the snack table did not have her favourite cookies. When we returned from the excursion there was aplate of them in our cabin.

Their ability to remember details and satisfy their customers is remarkable. I could not say enough good things about them.

Does anyone know if the concierges are compensated within the automatic $10/day/person HAL tipping policy or should we plan to bring some extra cash to "thank" these helpful people? Also, what would be an appropriate amount to show our gratitude of their services?

It is my understanding that the concierges do NOT receive anything out of the 10.00 PP.

Only you can decide how much to tip. It would depend on what the concierges does for you.

I have had bad, medium, and excellent concierges.

Thanks Janet, bebsf and Scottish Cruiser!

We probably will want to dine at Pinnacle one night, in the room another, and perhaps a hair appt. one day and I'll remember they may be able to save me the steps it has always taken in the past to arrange those things on our own.

We also have a port later in our Cruise for which we see no excursion that we are interested in and may just want to rent a car or secure a driver/guide from someone reputable and we may ask if they can arrange that.

Did someone say chocolate covered strawberries!!??!! :)

SCinRI/Marty

Debjo (new to HAL and wanting to do things right!)

We always thank the Concierges in the 'traditional way'. The amount we tip always depends upon how many services we requested from them.

Some of the things they have accomplished for us in the past include the normal reservations, delivery of thank you notes to various officers, repair of my husband's loafer when the buckle fell off, repair of torn luggage, delivery of gift wine to our dining steward from our cabin, everything and anything we would have had to do at the front office.......I can't even think of all the other things they have done. We love knowing they are there to handle for us whatever arises.

It is very appropriate to tip them at the end of your cruise.

Thanks everyone...

...I'll definitely plan to compensate the wonderful concierges with a "tip" at the end of our cruise. Being "new" to their services, I don't know what we may have them "do" for us, but I'm glad to know they are "there" as part of our "suite" perks. I'm so used to doing things for myself, and don't quite "know" what to utilize the services of the concierge for. But, I am planning on "taking it easy" (if I can actually manage to do that) on this cruise...you only turn 50 once and I "am" planning to "treat" myself on this trip! I'm sure I'll get it all figured out eventually.

Debjo

Harvey,

You'll love the Maasdam and your "BB" without concierge service.

She's a great ship with a fabulous crew. You will have all the service/help you could ever want.

No....sorry. The Concierge service is for Category "PS" and "SA", "SB" and "SC".

Isn't there some sort of concierge service by phone afforded to the other (non-deluxe) suites? A friend told me that we will have that available to us on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. We're staying in a suite on the Veranda Deck (not sure of the category) and she said that while we can't use the Neptune Lounge facilities, we do get this service.

Of course, I have no idea what I would ask of the concierge ... I've already booked most of the few shore excursions I plan to do ... and I am sure this "telephone concierge service" doesn't offer the same benefits as the one in the Neptune Lounge, but it does sound like a nice bennie to have.

Anyone aware of this "service," or is my friend thinking of another cruise line? I know she's sailed Princess in the past as well.

Blue skies ...

--rita

She might be right. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember someone saying there was some number they could call. I have no idea what they do or do not do and how many (who) they assist.

But, I think it possible there is something like that.

She might be right. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember someone saying there was some number they could call. I have no idea what they do or do not do and how many (who) they assist.

But, I think it possible there is something like that.

Yeah, she mentioned something about a special button on the phone in those staterooms ... one-touch concierge or something to that effect.

Thanks for the info. Still not sure I'll even have need for those services, but it's probably a nice bennie to have.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived