Transportation from CT To Cape Liberty

We are considering taking a 12 night cruise out of Cape Liberty next year. Before we decide we want to know what our options are for getting there. Yes, we could drive and leave the car there for 13 days. That's probably what we will do, but want to consider our options anyways.

Royal Caribbean used to provide bus transportation from CT to Cape Liberty. Does anyone know if they still do that? If so, where does it stop and how much does it cost?

I guess it depends on where in CT you are, but you could...

+ Take Amtrak into EWR and then cab over to Cape Liberty.

+ Take Metro North into Grand Central, then pick up NJ Transit at Penn Station to EWR, then cab over to Cape Liberty.

In May we drove from Wallingford to NJ and left our car for the Eastern Carib 9 day. The drive time should have been 2 hours but due to bad weather and accidents it took 3. We drove home on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. It only took 2 hours. The bus price from New Haven was about $280 for the 2 of us which was about double the cost of parking in Bayonne. We decided that driving was not a big deal. We left at 9 AM, and on the ship by 1. I'm sure it was earlier than the bus would have arrived. We had lots of time to relax, eat, stroll and enjoy the ship prior to departure. The most difficult time we had was seeing the ship as we crossed the bridge and having a little trouble actually getting to it. There were a lot of ppl laughing about the same problem...'we could see it, we just couldn't get to it'. We would drive again. FYI payment for parking is made when you arrive. They take both cash or credit card. Have a wonderful trip !

I was just talking to my son's daycare provider yesterday. They're going on a cruise next year and she said they're taking a shuttle down. It leaves from New Haven and the have a parking lot where you can leave the car. (She didn't specifically say that the lot was free but I'd imagine since we're only 15 minutes from there that if there was a charge they'd just get a ride.) I'll ask the name/company tomorrow. Our cruise is out of Miami so we're just driving ourselves to LGA in November so I didn't get too many more details than that.

We are on a repositining cruise and need to get from CT to NJ. We will then fly back from Miami to CT. I've looked into a few options and have decided to rent a car one way to the airport. I'll drop the others off at the port with the luggage, go return the car, and then take a cab to the port. It seems the easiest and cheapest thing to do for 3 people.

We have booked the Bus from Spfld Ma for October this year and they are charging us $380 for 4 of us. A little high but nobody wants to drive in and leave their car for 9 days.

Thanks, I will look into it. I thought RCI had a bus that stopped in either New London or New Haven. Either one would be convenient because we live half way between Hartford and New London. We'd being taking a 12 night cruise. We'd prefer not to take the train because you have to go into the city then switch trains and we'd have luggage, and probably have to take the commuter train to the Newark Area. More luggage than usual because it's a 12 night.

Driving to Cape Liberty is not a problem.... It's only a little over 2 hours, it's leaving the car there for 12 nights.

RCCL does provide bus transportation from New Haven to Cape Liberty. It leaves from Union Station in New Haven and the cost is $122.00/person. We are using the transportation for out September cruise. The cost is high, but the convenience outweighs the cost.

My preference is always to take a limo. Leave the driving to someone else, especially coming home late after a long day. The cost is usually pretty comparable to the cost of gas, tolls and parking. Plus no worry about leaving your car unattended.

You can get price quotes over the internet at limos.com.

For anyone that wants to go lowest cost by train, get yourself to Newark NJ's Penn Station, then find the light rail to Bayonne. There is a free shuttle bus from the light rail station to the cruise terminal.

Have you ever done this? I here the train is usually late!

We have booked the Bus from Spfld Ma for October this year and they are charging us $380 for 4 of us. A little high but nobody wants to drive in and leave their car for 9 days.

I checked and the Bus price is $580 for the four of us!:(

RCCL does provide bus transportation from New Haven to Cape Liberty. It leaves from Union Station in New Haven and the cost is $122.00/person. We are using the transportation for out September cruise. The cost is high, but the convenience outweighs the cost.

$122 pp from New Haven is not bad. CT Limo charges more than that to take their shuttle from New Haven to Newark Airport.

Do you book the bus directly from RCI or can you get it through your travel agent? We haven't booked our cruise yet, but probably will soon.

• 3 weeks later...

It's me Debbie from the o4 Empress Cruise. Looks like your taking another cruise to. Where are you heading? Bermuda? We are booked on the Zenith for October 7th. Roger, Kathleen, Terry, Woody, Delores, Lee & Ken are going to. You should stop by our original board and say "Hello" I'm sure everyone would love to hear from you. Hope all is going well with you.

Have a great Day Angel Hugs, Debbie from RI

Archived