What's With the Elevators?

I keep on reading passing references to the elevator problems, but I can't get a grasp on what the problems are?

Are they too small, too slow, not working, what?

And, is this on all ships?

I seem to read it being a problem on the Voyagers class ships, or is it because i'm just zeroing in on Voyager class threads?

Should I get my walking shoes ready? :eek:

I keep on reading passing references to the elevator problems, but I can't get a grasp on what the problems are?

The elevators all go in the wrong direction when you get on. If you want to go up, they go down. If you want to go down, they go up. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as you're on an elevator. After all, the elevator is really your destination. Who cares where it goes......:rolleyes:

The elevators all go in the wrong direction when you get on. If you want to go up, they go down. If you want to go down, they go up. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as you're on an elevator. After all, the elevator is really your destination. Who cares where it goes......:rolleyes:

But if you wait long enough the elevator will start going in the direction that you wanted to go in. Unfortunately, by then you may have changed your mind....:)

Maybe you are referring to the complaints people have regarding kids playing on the elevators....they love it! I have found though as soon as adults get on they willeither get off or wait for you to take your ride and start foolong around again after you get off!

Most of the crowding mentioned is at/after muster and dinner time. I use a scooter and can not take the stairs (a little bumpy, I think, but I could be wrong). As a result I get a lot of people watching there. I have seen people who will rush the elevator before people get off and ahead of others who have been there waiting their turn. This is one area where manners would help a lot of people. The kids will sometimes press every button on the elevator which will of course slow it down.

The mid elevators are larger so more people head to them rather then going all way forward or back (Voyager class is bad for this). Also not all elevators go to all floors. On some ships (Massdam is where I encountered this) there is only one or two elevators that go to the first deck where you board the tenders and with 1200 or so people there is a definte wait. On these ships those with scooter have been known to wait more then 30 mins.

My advice is try to allow people off first then allow those who were ahead of you get on. If you can use the stairs do so if possible. I don't expect you to go 5 floors but if you only need one floor then try the stairs. There is no waiting there.

Maybe you are referring to the complaints people have regarding kids playing on the elevators....they love it! I have found though as soon as adults get on they willeither get off

And want to get your hands on them after the door closes and you notice all the buttons have been pushed!

Part of the problem is the number of people that take the elevators 1 deck up or down. When you take an elevator and it stops at every floor, it takes a while. Its ok for us, we only take the stairs, and usually have plenty of space because so many people are either on elevators, or waiting for one.

Archived