HAL pre-cruise transfers and hotel questions

Freelancer

DH and I are sailing on the Nov. 4 Noordam cruise from NYC. This is the first time we will use the cruise line's airport/pier transfer and hotel package.

Questions:

- Does the HAL rep meet you at the airport and arrange transport to the hotel by chartered bus? In other words, do we have to wait until a bus is full before departing the airport?

- What time would the hotel to pier transfer leave the hotel and is it by chartered bus also?

Both transfers will be by chartered bus. Generally speaking, they will fill each bus up (or nearly so) before heading out. At the airport, the rep will wait until all the pax on his/her list are assembled before leading the group out to the waiting bus.

As to what time you'll leave the hotel, that should be contained on your voucher, or will be on a sign placed in the lobby area by the rep's desk. From the hotel there could be more than one bus, depending on how many pax are staying there. If so, the first bus will leave sooner, once it's full.

Make sure HAL has your name on the list. Last year my daughter purchased airport to pier transfers and came in on the day of the cruise. I had gone ahead a few days early and met her on the ship. I told her where to meet HAL at the airport. When she got there, they did not have her name on the list. However, she did have her transfer voucher so she was able to get on the bus. I just worry what would have happened if since they didn't have her name on the list, that there may have been a possibility of them going off and leaving her at the airport.

Archived