Received Upsell call today

Tagoladad

My TA called me (we leave on the 7/16 Jewel sailing) today and said that NCL had contacted her about an upsell. We are presently booked in an AF mini-suite. She said that NCL had offered an AC (either room # 9002, 9502 or 1000) for an additional 500.00 per person. The TA said that she talked her down to 350.00 per person. I think that for the 700.00, we are going to pass on the upsell. If this was a longer cruise that had more sea days we would have considered it more seriuosly. But because this is such an action packed week, I don't think we'll be at all unhappy in our AF.

Just wanted to let everyone know that this deal is out there if anyone wants it. I guess you can call your TA or call NCL directly (if you can still do that). Good luck and good sailing to whomever gets it.

I got the call yesterday, was offered a balcony cabin for $300 more, we are in a obstructed outside room 8102. I thought that was high so said no thank-you. Now if they want to give me the balcony I might consider it. We are right in the middle of the ship and I don't know where the balcony would be. Thought you would like to know. This is our 13th cruise and the first time I have ever been offered an upsell. In May 2005, we sailed on the Spirit to Alaska and paid for an inside (N) and got upgraded to a Outside. Didn't know that until we got onboard. I thought someone had made a mistake. Vicki

CAT D on deck five, price dropped and upgraded to BA and got $300 BACK!

Then two weeks prior to cruise we get a call to upgrade from BA to AC for $600 total ($300 pp). So when you look at the actual cost of the cruise from the beginning, we went from an ocean view to penthouse for $300 total. NO complaining from us. :D

I do want that AFT BA. The wake is amazing. We're in a BB this fall 2x for B2B and we're staying put as we don't want to change cabins after the first cruise. (I would consider a penthouse on the second run though. ;))

I have clients on the 7/16 sailing of the Jewel and attempted to get them an upsell from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite, but no luck. Will try again later with my contact.

I think you made the right decision in declining the upgrade. Your itinerary is so port-intensive, that you won't be spending a lot of sea days in the cabin. :)

Archived