Any suggestions for my first drink on the cruise?

geofg

this time tomorrow I will be on the Crown Princess!!!!

this is my 6th cruise 2nd on princess, me and my girlfriend always like to plan out what will be our first of many drinks when we get on board. I'm interested to hear some feedback.... here are my top three.

1. kettle one and club soda

2. good old fashioned budweiser

3.. now don't laugh........mudslide

Since you'll be sailing to the "tropics", try a rum runner. DH and I think Princess makes the best. We usually get the Medium sized, its frozen, but not too frozen - and it will definitely get you in the mood for the Caribbean!

1. kettle one and club soda

2. good old fashioned budweiser

3.. now don't laugh........mudslide

If I had to pick from your list, I'd go for Ketel One and soda....but I agree with LARGIN in that you should do something classy like champagne...a week from Tuesday my family and I will be hanging out on the mini-suite balcony with a glass of champagne as we pass Lady Liberty

Save the Bud for something else ;)

Enjoy your cruise! Maybe we'll pass each other as you get off the ship and I get on!!!

What are other options?

fufu drinks? :p Or should I say Tropical?

Any Martini drinkers out there?

I had one or two on the CB called "A Kurrant Affair" which is a basically a black martini made with three shots Absolut Kurrant vodka instead of unflavored, and one of Chambord.....shaken, not stirred.....(in my best Bond voice) . An excellent berry flavored martini with a definite kick. $10 gets you the martini in quite a nice etched souvenir glass. I brought 2 home. I believe they were around $6 without the take home glass. They're now one of my favorites.

Oh my, you all are making me want a drink! I have never had a martini, and I might try to act sophisticated when we sail on the Crown and endulge in one of these :)

Our first martini was here in town having dinner with friends (the friends loved martinis). They ordered...I think it was just a standard martini. We hated them...tasted like gasoline!

Later we tried a citrus martini and loved it. Our before dinner ritual, when cruising, now includes a martini. Very relaxing.

So, my advice...order a some type of citrus martini for your first one.

What are other options?

fufu drinks? :p Or should I say Tropical?

Any Martini drinkers out there?

Why waste space with the vermouth? Bombay sapphire on the rocks with pearl onions. Or if you want to see if the bartender knows what he's doing, go for a rusty nail or if it's too early for that, a stinger--the real kind--with brandy.

Do they still have the clear souvenir glasses on any of the Princess ships. I got a two on the Regal a couple years ago and didn't see them on the Coral last year. The ones I bought were in one of the shops. I wish now I had picked up more instead of only two. Would love to get some more.

Delores

Archived