How Does the Caribbean Princess stack up to the Navigator?

We were on the Navigator in May and it was really a nice cruise. I personally havent been on Caribbean Princess but our tablemates were on it two weeks prior to Navigator. They said they thought the service and food may have been better on Princess, but the ship and activites did not compare to Navigator. Royal Caribbean has amazing kid programs, if you are going with kids, go with Navigator, if you ever just go adults only, give Princess a try.

I have been on Princess several times as well as most of Royal caribbean shjps.

Food and service was SLIGHTLY better on Princess but the crew is not as much fun. Where on Royal caribbean you kid around with the waiter and assistant waiter on Princess they are more serious

Over the years where Princess use to be in the Premium cruise market I felt they have gone down considerably. Some on my recent Princess cruise felt that this has occured since carnival purchased them.

The big thing with Princess is their dining room assignments, they have one dining room with assigned tables and times and two that are open, eat at anytime. I prefer to have the same table and waiter every night so I was upset when they automatically gave me the open seating dining room. Went to Matre'd and had it fixed but was told by Asst Matre'd that this happens all the time because most people do not want the open dining room so they have too many request for the assigned dining which cannot be accomondated. The main office gives the overflow, which according to him is very large open dining in hopes they won't complain until its too late.

When you board the first thing you want to do is make sure you got the correct dining room.

We also would go with Navigator! The Navigator is a much more elegant ship than the Caribbean Princess. We didn't have any kids in the kids program, but did see lots of activities for them. The ice show is one of the best at sea.

The Caribbean Princess ship was somewhat cut up. Couldn't get from front to back on every deck. Dining room is no comparison to Navigator. The pluses for Princess is this ship has the Caribe Cafe which has 3 seafood buffets throughout the week, and serves crab legs and other seafood, it was delicious! As posted earlier, the 3 tier dining room on Navigator is amazing!The MUTS is a nice touch, but was cold at night (the first of may). The Royal Promenade on the Voyager class ships are a wonder in themselves. You and the kids will really enjoy the Navigator!

We are partial to RCCL, but are trying some different lines for a little variety. Have a great cruise, as every cruise we have been on has been great!

Debshomspun, I want to be you when I grow up - 3 cruises a year! "Sigh", maybe someday.

Here are the results from Cruise Critics' reader polls found via the home page:

Cabins - Caribbean 4.9, Navigator 5.0

Embarkation - Caribbean 4.7, Navigator 4.5

Fitness - Caribbean 4.5, Navigator 5.0

Service - Caribbean 4.6, Navigator 5.0

Value - Caribbean 4.5, Navigator 4.8

Dining - Caribbean 4.5, Navigator 4.7

Entertainment - Caribbean 4.0, Navigator 4.9

Public rooms - Caribbean 4.7, Navigator 5.2

Excursions - Caribbean 4.4, Navigator 4.3

Overall rating - Caribbean 4.6, Navigator 5.0

Navigator is the #4 ship out of all ranked and scored in the top 10 six times out of those 10 categories. The Caribbean didn't make the top 10 in any but I'm sure it's in the top 60, though. Unfortunately the kids programs aren't ranked but they are good on both ships.

I do want to say that if you choose Princess, please visit the board and learn about the cabins. Balconies are tiered and some are fully uncovered, some partially covered, some fully covered. It helps to know about your cabin before you book and someone will answer your questions ricky tick.

Some people love anytime dining and some hate it (like me). You can find out all kinds of info on the intricacies of the dining on the Princess board. They don't have full room service but they do serve some sort of items about 23 hours/day in the buffet.

Good luck!

Archived