Passport for Tortola

lindsey

They accept a drivers license or other photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal if you are staying on the island. I'm not sure if they are that concerned if you come from a cruise ship. A passport is always good to have.

I definitely plan on getting a passport soon because I know it is good to have one. I just booked this cruise at the last minute and I don't think it would even come in time if I applied for one now.

I'm a little worried though. I just got my cruise documents in the mail and I have to fill out that International E/D Card for the British Virgin Islands and there is a portion that asks for a passport number, city of issuance, etc on it. So is it ok to just leave this part blank if I don't have one? Has anyone done this before and it was ok like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Tortola is part of the British Virgin Islands not the US Territory of the US Virgin Islands.

You have six months to get your passport.

BTW, you don't need the passport to get into Tortola, you need a passport to get back into the United States.

Archived