Xpedition for a non-fish eater

murphyis1

I don't like fish or seafood, except for the occasional lobster tail. I've read that the fresh fish dishes on Xpedition in the Galapagos are usually the best tasting, but will I still have ample choices of non-fish dishes? Thanks for your thoughts!

Sure, lots of other choices and buffet/grill choices at lunch as well. I'm sure that you won't go hungry AND will be satisfied. But the grilled fish was wonderful...might want to give it a try??

I don't eat fish either and found plenty to eat on the Xpedition. The food on this cruise is not fabulous but it's not the reason you go to see the galapagos anyway. there is plenty of food but it's all brought onboard from ecuador so it's not what you're accustomed to. I really enjoyed the meal that they made all native foods and served it outside on deck.

Go easy on breakfast, especially on fluids since there are no potty facilites on the zodiacs or the islands. The excusrions take about 1-2 hours.

We were just on Xpediton last week. I am not a big fish eater, but I will try some things, like the ceviche. There were always at least two other options at dinner and multiple options at lunch so avoiding fish should not be an issue. As to the food quality, this was our first Celebrity cruise so I have nothing to compare it to in that regard. Having said that, we have done many cruises and in most cases it was as good as we have had on RCI or HAL and, in a couple of cases, would not have been out of place on Crystal. The beef really is hit and miss. I had it twice. The first was inedible it was so tough, but the piece I had off the BBQ on the last night was perfect. The desserts, on the other hand, were always great! Keep in mind that there is a list of 150 food items they are NOT allowed to bring into the islands so some of the choices are limited. Keep an open mind and you will be fine.

Archived