I Hate To Ask This Question.....but....

is the <sigh>......food on brilliance comp. to voyager class ships? we just returned from adventure and THE FOOD WAS FINE FOR THE MOST PART...just wondering what to expect.

dean & alice

Food is such a subjective topic, I really don't want to scare you off. I think that alot is up to your waiter and asst. waiter. On our Brilliance cruise last year, everything was top notch, so much so that we went on the same ship this year but a different itinerary. This year the food, and wait staff service had declined alot. This may have been due to us getting newbies for our table. We had many complaints about the food and service, but things just didn't get any better. Our main complaint was that the food, primarily the steaks and prime rib were not cooked to our specifications. (We like our beef rare!) All we got were arguments from both waiters and the head waiter stating that the chef would not prepare meats less than medium, but it was evident that other tables got theres extremely rare, but not us. The pasta dishes in the main dining room were cold, tasteless and for the most part looked like frozen dinners. Many of our friends on the same cruise had similar problems but many were extremely happy. My suggestion is that if you have problems early in the cruise, insist on changing tables. That may or may not help the situation, but it's a start. Of course, the alternative dining rooms were very good, and we were very satisfied with the food in the Windjammer. Overall, if your expectations aren't too high, you should have an enjoyable experience and the Brilliance is a fantastic ship. We really enjoyed every other aspect of our cruise and the staff and crew were, as before, very helpfull, courteous, and friendly.

Stretch

We sailed on the Brilliance this past February and found that the food was very good IF we went with the suggestions of our waitstaff. A couple of times members of our family went against their recommendations and did not enjoy the meal.

On our Voyager cruise in 2002 we enjoyed just about everything served. This may have been luck or the quality of food may have declined fleet wide. Who knows.

My suggestion, when in doubt ask your waitstaff what they recommend.

If you liked AOS you should be happy with Brilliance. We sailed her last April and had a very different experience than "strech". My husband ordered medium rare beef 3 times and it was perfect. We thought the Brilliance Windjammer much better laid out than the Voyager class ships and the food was also more varied.

We had no problem with the food. We had a great wait team taking care of us. You will be shocked to know that our table ordered the "famous Ranch Steak" on more than one night. We actually liked it. :rolleyes: :D

Archived