Inside cabin vs obstructed on Crown

HMSDingy

Quick question... my TA just called and offered to upgrade my inside cabin on the Alohoa deck for an obstucted on the Emerald for a rediculous price of $50! Not just for the money but should I take it?:confused:

Quick question... my TA just called and offered to upgrade my inside cabin on the Alohoa deck for an obstucted on the Emerald for a rediculous price of $50! Not just for the money but should I take it?:confused:

Yes take it. Its always nice to get a little light in the room and $50 for the whole week is reasonable.

We've had everything from mini-suites to inside cabins on our past cruises and we make our decision based on what the cost is for the cabin. On some cruises our oceanview cabins were more expensive than the mini-suites and in some cases we got a great deal on a balcony cabin.

For our Crown Princess cruise the price difference was $520 less for the cabin if we chose an inside cabin vs. an obstructed oceanview cabin. We decided to take the inside cabin. $520 pays for the shore excursions and quite a few frozen drinks by the pool :D

We've had everything from mini-suites to inside cabins on our past cruises and we make our decision based on what the cost is for the cabin. On some cruises our oceanview cabins were more expensive than the mini-suites and in some cases we got a great deal on a balcony cabin.

For our Crown Princess cruise the price difference was $520 less for the cabin if we chose an inside cabin vs. an obstructed oceanview cabin. We decided to take the inside cabin. $520 pays for the shore excursions and quite a few frozen drinks by the pool :D

Thanks...but the extra I would have to pay is really dirt cheap. And on the Princess website, the outside with obstructed view is about 8 feet larger than the inside. That's a factor I overlooked.

Do it...we stayed in a an obstructed view on the Crown on 6/14 (Emerald 324) and the light coming in at daybreak made it 100x easier to start things off.

I would agree that compared to the price that Herb would have to pay for the outside cabin, I am getting a heck of a bargain. But how obstructed was your cabin. Did you a least see something out of it past the lifeboat?:confused:

I don't know how many cruises you've been on, but I would go for the outside. I stayed in an inside once. I couldn't figuire out why I was having trouble sleeping and getting my bearings. Not knowing what time of day it is by sunlight and dark is confusing to your system. Also I think I was just always uncomfortable. I blame it on the inside cabin. I think I may be somewhat claustrophobic. It just never knew before that.Have fun.

I think the answer also goes beyond just the cost. I've had cabins from insides, to all sorts of outsides and balconies to the mini suites. Actually I have slept better in an inside compared with any other category of cabin. I will be booking mostly inside cabins from now on.

Archived