1st Timer going on the Pride July 9th!!!

sizzie

My DH & I will be going on our first cruise and we're very excited. I have a couple of questions....

1. With the FunPass, do we get to pass a long line-up at Long Beach? If so, where is the first place we go to to embark?

2. I'd like to bring my new MacBook, but wonder about security?

3. Should we buy some calling cards to call home when we're in port?

4. How close is the parking terminal to the actual ship terminal? Is there a shuttle bus?

We're driving down from Vancouver, BC tomorrow, taking our time. On Fri,Sat, we're staying in beautiful downtown Burbank. Any suggestions on what we can do while we're there? I thought of getting tickets to Jay Leno's if the show is taped while we're there. Of course, I plan to visit a couple of scrapbook stores that just happen to be very close to where we're staying. Are there any scrappers going on this cruise?

:p

Guest YesitDonna

[1. With the FunPass, do we get to pass a long line-up at Long Beach? If so, where is the first place we go to to embark? They are still nice enough to allow you to join in the line LOL

2. I'd like to bring my new MacBook, but wonder about security? You can bring a computer, it just goes through the screener with all your carry on just like a plane.

3. Should we buy some calling cards to call home when we're in port? You might be able to use your cell phone in port, many do work but I'm not sure about the international rates. I'm sure calling cards will work at the phones in port.

If you want to pass a long lineup....go to early check in around 10am and be the first in line in Zone 1.

The parking stucture is right next to the terminal. I'll try to post a picture for you.

day0pic003.jpg

day0pic002.jpg

day0pic001.jpg

The first picture shows the parking structure and the regular line of people to the terminal (Dome)

The second is the regular line as it continues to the Dome

The third is the QM early check in area which is to your left if you walk from the parking structure to check in.

If you want to pass a long lineup....go to early check in around 10am and be the first in line in Zone 1.

The parking stucture is right next to the terminal. I'll try to post a picture for you.

of course, as you no doubt can tell by the pics posted, there is squat for shade and one piddly little bench right where Zone One begins.. and plan on standing in line until at LEAST 12:30-1:00

Honestly..of you don't want to stand in line and just wanna walk right on, don't show up until after 2 pm. now, you COULD do the early check in on QM as early as 9 am, then go off and explore the nearby shopping and the Pike until after 2 without having to stand in line.

1. With the FunPass, do we get to pass a long line-up at Long Beach? If so, where is the first place we go to to embark?

4. How close is the parking terminal to the actual ship terminal? Is there a shuttle bus?

1 No, what you need to do is the early check in at the Queen Mary, that will get you in the shorter and faster line.

2 No problems bringing a laptop, I did, just for picture storage

3 Up to you, I figured they could wait 7 days so we didnt

5 pretty close, and use the porters and tip them, we tipped them $2 a bag ( plus a little ) we used a shuttle from the Long beach hotel, we never touched our luggage, the shuttle driver unloaded it and the porters picked it up right there, same on the way back.

My DH & I will be going on our first cruise and we're very excited. I have a couple of questions....

We're driving down from Vancouver, BC tomorrow, taking our time. On Fri,Sat, we're staying in beautiful downtown Burbank. Any suggestions on what we can do while we're there? I thought of getting tickets to Jay Leno's if the show is taped while we're there. Of course, I plan to visit a couple of scrapbook stores that just happen to be very close to where we're staying. Are there any scrappers going on this cruise?

:p

Looks like most of your ? have been answered except what to do in Burbank and I don't have any help on that having never been there, but do have pictures of our trip last year. Hope you enjoy them. :) We had a wonderful time. Did early check-in at QM....still had to wait a very long time :eek: to actually get on board. I agree w/o poster, go about 2PM.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Luv's Crusin'

Archived