Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on Princess

Pusniski

JMO -

I resent the short time and 'doling' out of the ice cream............there is always a line - and the timing interferes if you like to do the afternoon 'tea'............and also interferes with some of the (trivia?) activities.

What's the big deal with ice cream that Princess has to be so 'stingy' ?

Other lines have 'all day' self serve 'soft ice cream' & that's as it should be........

Personally, it's just as well for me, as I don't need MORE food in the middle of the day to tempt me - so by making it inconvenient, Princess is actually doing me a favor! :D

All the above being said - I think it should be available...........not just with the Dining Room service. - How about at Horizon Court with the 'buffet' ? - many do not always go to the D. R. for meals...........Horizon Court 'deserts' are very 'lame' in my opinion....An 'always' self serve Ice Cream station would be welcome......

Oops!!! :o :eek: Where is that edit feature? :p

ROFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A-you know what Off

Which considering my title is very appropriate. Got in a bit of hurry and didn't check it before posting. :rolleyes: I'll be more careful next time.

Oops!!! Where is that edit feature?

ROFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A-you know what Off

Which considering my title is very appropriate. Got in a bit of hurry and didn't check it before posting. I'll be more careful next time.

Well, you certainly caught my eye this morning!! :D And, I couldn't resist commenting, especially sense I'm married to a soft Steve! ;)

No problem, Norcal123.

Thanks for all the other posters on the standing in line with the frenzied ice-cream craving people for that 1 hour which should probably just be skipped for a more enjoyable time info. I think us addicts will bring $$$$$ and be very happy. :)

I too don't understand the reason for charging for soft serve ice-cream but again I'm still trying to figure out why they charge for cheap soft drinks too. Lets serve them lobster but let's charge 'em for that .50 drink. :confused: LOL - I'm totally over it. DH & I tend to stick with water and alcohol and DS doesn't really drink sodas either except at meal times, but the ice-cream is a kicker. We all have "habits."

Oops, thought maybe "Soft Steve" was a new Princess towel animal.

Had another thought, but not for these boards. ;)

Don't be embarrassed...typos happen. ;)

Since we can't change our own title...if there is a Mod reading this can you please change "Steve" to "Serve?" TIA,

Completely Embarassed CC Poster :o

gee...my sons are gonna have a hard time with this first cruise on Princess.....As avid Carnival cruisers they always have a daily competition as to how may slices of pizza and how many ice creams cones could they eat in one day............

Oh, please don't ask your title to be changed. I'm sitting here all glum and bummed because our cruise is over, and I don't have another booked... just wishing... I ran across your post and it truly made me laugh. Then, your reply when you caught it is just the icing on the cake.:p You've got a great sense of humor it seems, and your little typo brightened my day.:)

That said, my teenagers and DH who are ice-cream-aholics didn't bother with the free ice cream after the first couple of days. Just didn't think it was worth it to wait in line. I never even tried it. They loved the soft serve on the Carnival Spirit last year. But we all loved the 'dessert' ice cream offered following supper in the dining room while on the Princess Sapphire this year.

The free ice cream in the afternoon is not soft-serve, it is regular Princess made ice cream - and - I have never had to wait in line to get it. However, if your craving is such that you can't wait go to the place where you pay for it!!

Ron