Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on Princess

Pusniski

Life would be a complete bummer and would totally stink without a sense of humor.

Thanks, Caroline. I didn't mean to be such a downer folks, but we gotta keep it G/PG rated don't we? LOL! Oh, well maybe PG-13 sometimes.

I'll try the freebie stuff one day and see how it goes. If it's no biggie then I'll stick with it. If not, we need to keep the swirl soft serve flowing. I hope they have chocolate sauce. :D

They *do* have chocolate sauce, and it's freshly-made onboard -- like the ice cream, which is definitely not soft serve.

Oh, even better! :D

I'm so glad this has been the most entertaining while yet informational thread on the Princess board. ;)

• 11 years later...
Looks like free soft serve ice cream is now a thing of the past on Princess :(:loudcry:

We had free soft-serve ice cream on the Star Princess, and the Emerald Princess (our last 2 Princess cruises. It's at Sundae's Ice Cream (on the Star) and "Pizza and Ice Cream Parlor" (on the Emerald) on the Lido deck.

Vanilla or chocolate or vanilla/chocolate swirl. You can get it in a cone or a cup.

You can also get milk shakes there (for a cost).

There is no free soft serve on Sun, Sea, or Majestic Princess.

As the resurrector of this 12 year old zombie thread is from Down Under technically their observation is correct. Though it must be noted that ice cream and its related treats on Princess have gone through several evolutions in that time--so expect some thoroughly confused responses from others who likewise pay no attention to the date.

Edited by fishywood

We had free soft-serve ice cream on the Star Princess, and the Emerald Princess (our last 2 Princess cruises. It's at Sundae's Ice Cream (on the Star) and "Pizza and Ice Cream Parlor" (on the Emerald) on the Lido deck.

Vanilla or chocolate or vanilla/chocolate swirl. You can get it in a cone or a cup.

You can also get milk shakes there (for a cost).

Hmmmm ...we just got off Sea Princess & previously sailed on Sun Princess & only ice cream available was at New Zealand ice cream bar at an extra cost (more expensive than on land)

Might have to stick with Royal Caribbean ;p

As the resurrector of this 12 year old zombie thread is from Down Under technically their observation is correct. Though it must be noted that ice cream and its related treats on Princess have gone through several evolutions in that time--so expect some thoroughly confused responses from others who likewise pay no attention to the date.

:o:o:o:o:o:o

Sorry.

The Majestic Princess was purpose built for the Chinese market and maybe soft serve is not a big thing in China. However, I see on the ship's map that there is a Swirls near the pool. What is served there? (Ship's map shows Swirls, but list of public areas on the Lido deck does not list it.)

Also, there is no Crooners on the Majestic as that type of entertainment may not be popular in China.

When a ship designed for China is used elsewhere, there will be some things missing that the non-Chinese markets are used to having.

The Majestic Princess was purpose built for the Chinese market and maybe soft serve is not a big thing in China. However, I see on the ship's map that there is a Swirls near the pool. What is served there? (Ship's map shows Swirls, but list of public areas on the Lido deck does not list it.)

Also, there is no Crooners on the Majestic as that type of entertainment may not be popular in China.

When a ship designed for China is used elsewhere, there will be some things missing that the non-Chinese markets are used to having.

We will be on Majestic in Sept. so fingers crossed (yn) 'Swirls' is soft serve ice cream :D:cool: