Help! Change Cabin (Same Cat) and now owe $200

I had booked online and had a promenade cabin for $599 per person which I had paid in full. A better cabin in the same category became available. I was able to do an edit and change cabins all online. The price has gone up $100 per cabin. The RCCL website now shows I owe 200$. Can I undo this mess?

The RCCL answer desk is closed.

Jennfer

Wow - I didn't realize you could change cabin #'s online - I thought you had to call RCI directly for that?

Now I have to go see "my cruises" and figure out how you did that!

Just checked - it's true! I didn't know you could do that! Neat!

Thanks for your help. Catastrophe (or at least the $200 penalty for stupidity) was averted.

I kept calling the different RCCL posted numbers until I spoke with someone. She sad "Yep, you kicked up your price code". She was able to fix it for me and suggested that "I call" the next time I want to make a change.

I've now learned a valuable lesson. If you book online, you are able to edit your cabin number. Unfortunately, the new price is the current price for the cabin - even if it is substantially different from what you paid. I knew this was the case if you moved among categories, but I had assumed I had "free reign" within my category.

Jennfer

My bet is that they are in the new cabin at the old price!! And RCCL corporate is correct that if you want to change cabins, once you have established a price........it's best to make the call, rather than do it on the internet. We can't replace the true reservations staff..........just yet!!

Rick

I am one who has edited my cabins online numerous times.. I change it several times as new ones in better locations become available... luckily I know that the price has to be the same in order to do this.. I like changing when something better is available and ability to do it without the hassle of calling..(that is never pleasent) Now if I want a different cabinand there is a price increase, then I have to face the long holdss,transfers and hassle to call them... only had to do that once so far for a cabin change.. and yes they will move your cabin and not charge you the extra if it is in the same catagory :)

In my case, I was attempting to get to the center of the royal promenade.

I of "bad and good"as a matter of preference, however some cabins are considered to be more desirable. In the case of the PR category, I had read that the cabins that were "in the center" gave much better views of parades and other goings-on in the royal promenade. I traded an end room for a "center of the activity" room which is desirable for this particular class.

Yes, Cage Keeper, midship is considered best from a seasick standpoint. Also, the lower the deck the better.

Now I'm wondering, what happens if you make an online cabin change when the price has dropped????

Also another tip is that if you booked thru a TA, you'll have to call the TA to make major changes--and possibly some minor ones as well. Also alot of stuff you won't be able to "EDIT" you'll be able to view tho.--you can however book excursions without going thru the TA. (most infact will tell you to go to the RCCL website to fill in the paperwork (set sail information etc.) and book your excursions.

Yes, Cage Keeper, midship is considered best from a seasick standpoint. Also, the lower the deck the better.

Now I'm wondering, what happens if you make an online cabin change when the price has dropped????

I accidentally did this once, and I got the lower price. When checking for price drops, make sure you are signed out of RCCL. I was signed in one day while going through the process of checking for a price drop. When I randomly clicked on a cabin number in my category, I unknowingly switched myself to that new cabin -- and got the dropped price! I called RCCL and promised to never mess around with the website again if they could give me my old cabin back -- which they did, along with the price drop and a few laughs. Moral of the story -- don't be signed in to the site when checking for price drops!:eek:

Archived