Princess Cancellation Policy...

Rookiecruisers06

Our final payment for our cruise in September is due in a week and a half, and we found out on thursday that due to work schedule we will have to reschedule our cruise for later in the year. What is the policy regarding cancelling/rescheduling, and does the inital deposit get transferred?

Since you haven't made final payment, it is very easy to transfer a booking. After final payment, you will be subject to penalties depending upon how long it is until the planned cruise date. Best take care of this ASAP.

Some travel agencies have their own cancellation fees. Those deposits can add up to a lot of money. As far as my own experience tells me, we've never lost anything transferring a booking prior to final payment. My TA does not have any cancellation penalties. I'm assuming also that you are in the US or Canada, and not in the UK where the rules are entirely different.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked our docs and it said if we cancelled by july 18, the cancellation fee was deposit. Does that mean our deposit would not get refunded/transferred?
That's a hefty cancellation fee! :eek: Where do you live and did you book through a TA or princess?

We are getting ready to cancel our cruise for September 30 on the CB (waiting on final contract/inspection for our house sale.) We plan to cancel and get refunded our deposit as we have no idea when we will get to cruise again. May be a long time.:(

I thought it was Princess policy to offer a full refund if cancelled outside of 75 days. I booked through Sam's Club and they sent me what looked like a standard confirmation for our 9/30 CB Princess cruise and it showed the penalties for each date. I don't have it with me, but I do remember that 75 days out was a 100% refund, and I think 51 to 74 days was 50% of the deposit but I really not sure. I do know that it was $50 to change passengers which is what I had planned to do if something other than health (insurance has that one) caused us to cancel within 75 days.

I would call the travel agent you used and asked for details. The representative at Sam's was very helpful when I thought I might need to cancel a couple weeks ago.

:cool: HAL Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean 9/2003

:cool: NOR Spirit - Western Caribbean 12/2004

:cool: HAL Oosterdam - Alaska 5/2005

:D PRI Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean 10/2006

I do know that it was $50 to change passengers which is what I had planned to do if something other than health (insurance has that one) caused us to cancel within 75 days.

I didn't think you could substitute passengers for all. THOUGHT AN ORIGINAL MEMEBER OF THE BOOKING HAD TO REMAIN.:confused:

Whoops! Sorry for the all caps, I accidentally hit my caps key.

Archived