Millennium Dry-dock

seagopher

Are there any plans to put the Millennium in dry-dock anytime soon? I have read some reports that it is needed. I am taking a cruise this October and was planning on TA next December on the Millennium. But maybe not on the TA if it does not go into dry-dock. Any information would be appreciated.

The Millie is going to Southampton UK after the March 18th 07 departure from FLL. I think it will go into drydock somewhere in that area for a few weeks. What is going to take place I dunno.

Don

Dear Seagopher,

I just returned from a 12 night Med. cruise on the Millennium and had a terrific time. The ports and weather were unbeatable. We had a wonderful time on the ship as well but must admit that the staterrooms are in need of some updating. We were in a Royal Suite and my parents were in a CC class stateroom. The soft goods could stand to be replaced.

However, in terms of drydock, I wouldn't count on it in terms of stateroom refurbishment. It is my understanding that this should be happening on an ongoing basis and dry dock is mostly a time to work on mechanical type issues.

Hope this helps.

Nancy

This spring after her 3/18 transat she will be entering drydock for the installation of a diesel aux.

I heard abt the dry dock but I didnt know what it was for.

I also heard the Millie is getting new bedding and sheets but again I dont know when maybe in conjunction with this drydock.

I will find out in Nov when I take her east.

Don

:) Hi,

The March 07 drydock is sort of a special one: they're installing a diesel auxiliary power plan. The other three "M" class will follow, then the ''Radiance'' class (RCL).

Millie has had a '' regular'' drydock last fall, nov'04 before coming back to NorthAmerica.

Of course, while she's in drydock, for whatver reason, other routine maintenance//replacement// refurbishment work can and does take place.

When the ship is idled, thus earning no $$$, they might as well maximize that idle time with all the repairs they can think of as needed and affordable ( read: what the bean counters have allowed).

Cheers

Claude G

;)

:) Hi,

The March 07 drydock is sort of a special one: they're installing a diesel auxiliary power plan. The other three "M" class will follow, then the ''Radiance'' class (RCL).

Cheers

Claude G

;)

I am going on the Infinity on May 27 and I hope they put it on before then. I dont want another one of my cruises canceled or postponed.

Archived