Ordering Gifts for someone else

How do you go about ordering a gift (for stateroom) for someone else? I have the sail date and ship but nothing else. It's a honeymoon cruise so I doubt very much I could get their cabin number and their booking number would be out of the question since it would contain too much personal info.

or would this even be possible??

Thanks

How do you go about ordering a gift (for stateroom) for someone else? I have the sail date and ship but nothing else. It's a honeymoon cruise so I doubt very much I could get their cabin number and their booking number would be out of the question since it would contain too much personal info.

Thanks

Call the Gifts and Gear Department at 1-800-722-5443.

You can go to the RCCL website, click on Before you Board, and then Gifts and Gear to see what they offer.

I hope that you are not set on making this a surprise. This is a department on board that all too often fails. You should let the happy couple know that you are sending them something, so that if they don't receive it, they can go to the Purser's Desk and ask.

:)

I hope that you are not set on making this a surprise. This is a department on board that all too often fails. You should let the happy couple know that you are sending them something, so that if they don't receive it, they can go to the Purser's Desk and ask.

:)

I was hoping that you WOULDN'T say something like that! yiikes and yes I was kind of hoping for that element of surprise!:)

karessamom, I *really* don't want to be a wet blanket or sound like the voice of doom, but (except for torbs!) they don't have a good track record on this stuff. SO many people have posted on these CC boards about not getting what others sent them, or others not getting what THEY sent them. And it happened to me. Last cruise, a good friend (Hi, Good Friend, if you are reading this :D), sent *us* the Royal Romance Package. No need for the details, but it was NOT delivered as advertised or promised, and not at all until phone calls were made and pressure was applied.

I have to second that..........as I sent something special to my DW, and when it was not delivered by the end of the first night..........I quietly went down to the pursers office and "we had a chat". We have not had a repeat of that since a couple of years ago.........but if you know that you have given.......or should be receiving something........and it's not there, don't be afraid to ask!!

Carol told me about a friend that sent her something.........and without her checking on it.........it would have never been delivered.

So.......if you are sending it.......it only gets as far as the shore desk that takes the order.............and maybe you should give a gentle clue to the recipient that something is coming their way.......so they can follow up if the order is not processed.

Rick

Just returned from AOS 6/25...we did not receive half of the items we knew we were to receive from the Gifts and Gear department. And we returned home to find out there was one other pretty large item my friends has paid for and "sent' that we didn't know about and never received. My TA is no longer handling Gifts and Gear items for his customers as he has had such a bad time with this department, and it comes back as a reflection on his business.

I would just be careful...I echo Carol, take away the element of surprise and let your loved ones at least know to expect something.

We had no luck getting reimbursement on the ship though...Our TA is paying us out of his pocket and fighting it on his end.

Re: the surprise and keeping it that way...why dont you give them a card before they leave and tell them not to open it until they are in their cabin. Say you hope they enjoy the 'whatever you have ordered'.

That way - they will know to expect it but wont know before they board.

On our honeymoon, my mum (dont ask me how or when) managed to put an envelope with a bon voyage message in my suitcase and about half a tonne of confetti!! She's so sneaky!!!!;)

Re: the surprise and keeping it that way...why dont you give them a card before they leave and tell them not to open it until they are in their cabin. Say you hope they enjoy the 'whatever you have ordered'.

That way - they will know to expect it but wont know before they board.

On our honeymoon, my mum (dont ask me how or when) managed to put an envelope with a bon voyage message in my suitcase and about half a tonne of confetti!! She's so sneaky!!!!;)

Very good idea! along the lines of what Rick had to say. I had posted but for some reason didn't save it when I went to edit or something because it's not here today. We also just found out something totaly unplanned and that is they will be on the same cruise with us i think.--had no idea until I started putting 2 and 2 together lol! small world!

Thanks

No need for a reservation number Just log on the the GiftsandGear Site and select what you'd like to give-download the fax form and send it that wahy all you need for a fax is the name of the ship, sail date and the person's last name or names If there different then fax to 1-800-722-5810 It's a snap, never had a problem faxing the order.

Now calling in can be dicey though, much better to fax.

be sure to write your e-mail addres on fax so they'll send you a confirmation of what you ordered.:cool:

On my last cruise, my "gift" was delivered to the cabin next door. Two things to be thankful for...1) I knew them, so they delivered the notice to me 2) it was an onboard credit that *had* been applied to my account. If it was something tangible and I didn't know the neighbors, it may have been a different story. :)

T

On my last cruise, my "gift" was delivered to the cabin next door. Two things to be thankful for...1) I knew them, so they delivered the notice to me 2) it was an onboard credit that *had* been applied to my account. If it was something tangible and I didn't know the neighbors, it may have been a different story. :)

T

and everyone thinks the onboard staff is so GREAT!!!

HA! :mad:

and everyone thinks the onboard staff is so GREAT!!!

HA! :mad:

Well, to be honest, I tend to be one of them. :)

This was on the inaugural Freedom cruise. The first week they had paying passengers, luggage, and (probably) "Gifts and Gear" to contend with.

I didn't mean to imply that the staff stinks...just that OP may want to alert someone to watch for "a little something" in their cabin if they plan to send a gift. Mistakes DO happen.

T

Archived