Lots of C&A, onboard booking and cruise credit questions

A&S

I'm a new cruiser, hoping to make this a regular event after reading some of the stories on here.

1. If it is only my first cruise, do I still benefit from booking onboard for my next cruise?

2. I understand it takes awhile to become a C&A member (processing times, etc.) so is it better to wait until I come home and become a member? Or are the benefits from just a regular member pretty small?

3. What is the whole points breakdown? I understand 2 for suites, etc, but what about regular Ov or inside rooms?

4. If I book online, and later have to change my reservation due to vacation time at work, do I lose the discount/credit of the online booking?

Sorry for all the newbie questions!

I'm a new cruiser, hoping to make this a regular event after reading some of the stories on here.

1. If it is only my first cruise, do I still benefit from booking onboard for my next cruise?

Yes, you can still get the benefit. You don't have to be a C&A member to get the benefit for booking onboard.

2. I understand it takes awhile to become a C&A member (processing times, etc.) so is it better to wait until I come home and become a member? Or are the benefits from just a regular member pretty small?

You can't become a C&A member until after you've completed your first cruise. You can sign up on the ship or after you get home, but do sign up. The benefits definitely get better as you move up to Platinum and Diamond status, but you can't get there without being Gold first. ;) As a Gold member, you will get a coupon book and a gift on your next cruise, which we really enjoyed. They also have a welcome back party for returning guests.

3. What is the whole points breakdown? I understand 2 for suites, etc, but what about regular Ov or inside rooms?

You get 1 point for any cruise

1 additional point if its longer than a 12 night cruise and

1 additional point if its in a catagory JS or higher

4. If I book online, and later have to change my reservation due to vacation time at work, do I lose the discount/credit of the online booking?

I'm assuming you really meant to ask if you book onboard do you lose the onboard credit if you change your reservation? You can get the credit applied to a different cruise, you just need to be sure to keep the same booking number and transfer it over to a different cruise.

Sorry for all the newbie questions!

No problem.... :)

Archived