Dining Room on Embarkation Day

Hey everyone. I'm packing for our FOS trip this Sunday. Do I need to put a pair of pants in my carry-on for my DH to wear the night of embarkation in case our luggage doesn't make it to our room by dinner or will shorts be acceptable on the first night?

Thanks!

Sam

I have never seen anyone in the main dining room for dinner in shorts (but to be honest it really has not been a focus of mine). We always carry on enough to clothes, supplies, etc. to last until late in the first evening in case the luggage is late. If you do carry on a roll-on type bag you will not be so concerned about when the luggage comes - it will get there eventually.

It's been my experience that luggage is usually NOT delievered promptly. And I've eaten the first evening's meal in shorts before. So, now I always carry on a small bag with eveningwear and toiletries. It's not that I mind wearing shorts the first night; rather, it's putting on the same underwear I've worn all day after showering before dinner that I despise.

I always pack for "what-ifs" in my carry-on, too. That includes a change of clothes for dinner, pool garb, toiletries, and of course, camera, jewelry and cash. If there's space, a change of clothes for the next day. You never know when your luggage will appear, and what if it doesn't? I want to have stuff with me JUST IN CASE.

Archived