JFK Airport Hotel

bldsld

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an airport hotel for one night at JFK? I see the pickings are quite slim, and I'd like to stay one night before traveling to Malaga for the November crossing..

Thanks,

Denyse

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an airport hotel for one night at JFK? I see the pickings are quite slim, and I'd like to stay one night before traveling to Malaga for the November crossing..

Thanks,

Denyse

The Courtyard Marriott is fine if somewhat isolated.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Denyse

Denyse,

Both the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree have shuttles from the airport to the hotel and back. Both are fine for a 1 night stay.

mcboo:)

Thanks for the Crowne Plaza and Doubletree suggestions, Martita and McBoo. I will look into both, as you mention they have shuttles to the airport.

Johnnycruise, I'll look into Marriott as well.

Thanks again!

Denyse

Hi Denyse...

Pretty much all the major chains have locations at JFK. As Keith mentioned the Ramada Plaza is closest to the airport but is probably the least nicest of the major chains represented at JFK. Also, with respects to hotel shuttles, I believe no hotel shuttle actually take you to the terminals. They will take you to the "airtrain" stop and from their you take the airtrain to your terminal. (or vv).

Best to Ken...

Craig

Craig, yes, you are absolutely correct. I mentioned this Hotel mainly due to it proximity to the JFK Airport. Most of the hotels in the area are your typical airport kind of hotel, regardless of property name. They work for a one night stay but that would be about it.

It was many many years ago that I stayed on site at JFK airport but it was a Hilton at the time. I'm assuming it's the same hotel structure that is now a Ramada Plaza. What I liked about the location was the east in which we were able to get right over to the airport ticket counters but I'm sure the other nearby hotels will be relatively easy.

Keith

Hi Craig and Keith,

To your point, Craig, I actually had the misfortune to stay at the airport Ramada about a year ago, and it was hideous. Frankly, I may be better off taking a cab into the City and spending the night there, as none of the airport hotels are particularly welcoming.

Regards to Wilfred,

Denyse

Hi Denyse.

That's good to know. When I said I stayed on site many many years ago, many equals 29 years ago at the end of this month. It was a nice hotel property then but unlike a fine wine that gets better with age it sounds like this property has soured and is not what it was back then. Of course it's also gone through a change in ownership. Actually, I suspect many changes in ownership and in name.

So, you likely have the right approach.

Keith

Archived