Radiance class deck 7 ??

It appears that the E1 cabins toward the aft on deck 7 have larger balconies than other cabins. Is that true? I know that deck 7 looks out over the life boats. Do these cabins have balconies that project out over those life boats so there is no obstruction to looking down?

We were on deck 7 on Radiance in January. The balconies are not larger than those on 8 or 9. The life boat cover is quite large, making the view less than optimal. You can still see the water, but not near the ship.

Had I known (or thought to ask) I would have booked on 8 or 9. There are rooms on deck 7 that do not have the life boat cover obstructing them, but ours was not one of those.

maxmtex

The staterooms forward on deck seven have larger balconies and don't over look the life boat covers [They are E 1s]. Staterooms towards the rear have regular balconies, but do not overlook the lifeboat covers.

Personally, I think the concerns with restricted view downward caused by the lifeboat covers are really blown out of proportion......how much time does one really just stare down to the water line?

Doesn't it stand to reason that if the lifeboat covers block the view at deck 7, that the same view is blocked from decks 8,9, etc....? I'm on deck 7 (E-3) cabin and I'm looking forward to the views of the sunsets over the water, not the view of the sea hitting the ship. :)

Some of the "larger appearing" balconies on Radiance class don't have the privacy that the others do! Yes, there is a partition between balconies, but it doesn't go all the way to the railing, meaning if you stand right at the rail, your neighbor may be right beside you!

Archived