Using the boards: An Icon tutorial

flagger

Ok folks. I thought I would give you a quick tutorial on what some of the new icons mean on the vB boards.

new_posts.gif means that there have been new posts in that thread since you last read it. The thread title will also appear in bold.

If you have posted in a thread, you will see thread_you_posted_in.gif on the left hand side of the thread or you will see thread_you_posted_in_2.gif on the right hand side next to the column for last post.

Clicking on firstnewpost.gif on the left hand side of the threads will take you to the first new post since you last read the thread.

Clicking on lastpost.gif next to the posters name in the last post column will take you to the very last post of the thread.

And finally, for those of you on dial-up, attachment.gif indicates that there are attachments in the thread and you can avoid if you need.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

You are welcome. Now Ms. Flagger is back home, we are gonna take a long NAP!

Tired of all that posting? :D

Maybe we can become special Tech Hosts or something for the next transition. (Hope its not too soon, I bet Laura and the others could use a cruise to unwind from all this)

-Brian

I feel like posting that tutorial on all of the boards, but that would be spamming and really disruptive even if the intention would be to be helpful. People are still gonna ask what it all means and others are just gonna have to find out how it works.

There are a lot of posts out there in the Line Boards and Roll Call boards about questions that have been answered here. More people need to look around in here first.

Maybe Laura could put the tutorial in as an announcement in all boards?

-Brian

Can any of you tell me how we get smilies into our posts? I mean other than knowing what to type as in :)

I really miss the little smilies because it's the only way I let everyone know when I'm joking ... and even that doesn't always work!!!

Never mind, folks, ..... I found out how on another thread!!!! :p

Archived