Looking for hard hot sweaty ......

treyct

no no no sweet modirator this is not a "looking for" ad hehe but thought that would get sum buzz! this area is so damn slow and boring lets generate some news lol, those guys on the other boards are making us look bad ;) who's who is cruising and where and why? lets chat it up girls and guys...:p

Not quite sure what you're looking for; I have always fount this board to be an entertaining place. Are you just looking for introductions? I am happy to introduce myself. My name is Meredith; my partner and I have been together for 8 and a half years. My upcoming cruises are in my signature - we are going with my partner's parents to Bermuda in October, and we are going with my mother to Alaska in May.

Not quite sure what you're looking for; I have always fount this board to be an entertaining place. Are you just looking for introductions? I am happy to introduce myself. My name is Meredith; my partner and I have been together for 8 and a half years. My upcoming cruises are in my signature - we are going with my partner's parents to Bermuda in October, and we are going with my mother to Alaska in May.

Hi meredith :) It was just a joke, hoping to cause a laugh or too, break the ice since I'm fairly new here, etc. etc. I just noticed lots of activity on other boards ie. carnival....but not much going on here. My partner and I have been together 6 years, have 2 cruises coming up in the next couple of months...counting the days slowly ;)

Ah, okay! Yes, the other boards are much more active, but there are simply fewer of us than there are Carnival pax, etc. There are also more questions to be asked about a cruise line than there are on gay issues. We have a lot of good people though. Welcome to Cruise Critic!

My partner and I have been together almost 4 years. We went on a cruise last spring "just to try it" and see if we liked it. That was Navigator of the Seas, which we loved. We've since been on Constellation and Enchantment of the Seas. We are clearly addicted and are looking forward to Freedom, a HAL cruise in January (and we've discovered there is a large group of gays also booked) as well as Brilliance next summer to Venice. Life is good.

Joined the board last fall after only my second cruise and my first one in over 11 years. So still much a newcomer. David here and I have been partnered with the same guy for over 17 years now. We are both Canadians. We both realized in the last year that we really liked cruising (travelling by ship, he he he) and thus are now playing catch up while we can.

Off on the Queen Mary 2 for the first time in December on a Caribbean cruise. Then its off to Europe in August 2007 for the QE2 - our first time on that one and our very first ever trip outside of North America.

Welcome to the board, treyct.

Hey Treyct,

My partner (Terry) and I (Jim) are going on Freedom 1/28/07 (Atlantis cruise) and Caribbean Princess 2/07 (RSVP cruise). We've been on many cruises and addicted as well. My parents and entire family are from Ct. I was born and raised in Miami.

Jim

I feel like an old man!:) My partner and I have been together for 19 years. Our next cruise is around Japan on CruiseWest, this October. We then are doing a Rome to Venice cruise on Seven Seas Navigator with my parents next summer, and then a 20th anniversary cruise in Tahiti on the Paul Gaugin in October 2007. That one can't come fast enough.

Treyct, we live just down 91 from you, in Hamden.

Tom

Robb and Tony here-celebrating our 25th anniversary this fall by taking our 25th cruise-transatlantic on Jewel of the Seas. In Feb. we will to a trans-Panama-canal on the Summit.

Stephen & Daniel here from Toronto. 13 years together (legally married for 3) as of last week!

Last cruise was the Baltics, Next is the Med, and next year is Anchorage to Beijing...looking forward to that one...with my mother-in-law! :)

I feel like an old man!:) My partner and I have been together for 19 years. Our next cruise is around Japan on CruiseWest, this October. We then are doing a Rome to Venice cruise on Seven Seas Navigator with my parents next summer, and then a 20th anniversary cruise in Tahiti on the Paul Gaugin in October 2007. That one can't come fast enough.

Treyct, we live just down 91 from you, in Hamden.

Tom

Nice to meet someone local :)

Although we've traveled most of europe and have done tahiti twice its always been land based. The navy showed me more of the Mediterranean than I wanted to see lol, so not to eager to go back. We've never done an atlantis or RSVP cruise.....were just never sure if its a good thing to do as a "couple" ;) .....although please enlighten me if it is. Alot of people seem to like the transatlantic routes it seems, and the Cunard lines seem popular also. I've read several things on Cunard, and I'm not sure its really me...but who knows. Weve been on Carnival, RCL, and NCL I would do the R-family cruise if nothing more than the entertainment....

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to Stephen and Daniel on their wedding 3 years ago and to all the other partnered cruisers for their time together. My partner Wayne and I are going on Freedom on Sept 10 to celebrate our 30th year together and then we are taking our sons (now in their 30's) on a Pied Piper cruise on the Radiance in Nov.

Pied Piper arranged a gay group for the Radiance and from what I can gather, will have booked about a quarter to a third of the ship. We've been on several cruises, but never an all-gay cruise like RSVP, although some friends have been and they had a marvelous time - - OK, a fabulous time. :p

Happy cruising to all,

Ken

You'll have to explain what you're worried about as a couple so we can help better.

As a couple we have personally done RSVP, Pied Piper, Atlantis, and straight cruises without any couples-related problems.

However the ultra-cruisy, circuit-based, singles-centric party dynamic engineered by Atlantis has caused couples-related problems (by this I assume you mean jealousy and break ups) for others couples in the past. Search on Oslo Dutch's Atlantis "Cruise from Hell" thread in this forum for one such example. The RSVP dynamic was more couples-centric it seemed to me, meeting other couples for dinner, that kind of thing. There was also some elective cruising too for those that wanted to make it happen (as anywhere), but it wasn't done in as much of a driven, sexual, bathhouse environment as Atlantis. Pied Piper was the most 'tame' gay environment of all, in that it was on a mixed, not-all-gay ship, but still plenty of gay and fun enough.

Everyone experiences these cruises differently, so get some varied opinions from other people too. The above just happens to be my own take of them.

ultra-cruisy, circuit-based, singles-centric party dynamic engineered by Atlantis has caused couples-related problems (by this I assume you mean jealousy and break ups) for others couples in the past.

This is pretty much it, if there not all like this then I would be interested.

treyct,

This is off topic, but tell me about your avatar. I have a picture that I would like to do the "Warhol" look with like your avatar. Is there some sort of software that will do that? I would like to make a poster.

Thanks.

I can't take credit for that, Its actually someone else's work. I know that you can do it with photoshop though

My partner and I have been together for 8 years. We were just on the QM2 for their fourth of July cruise. We heard some grumbling on the ship and I have read a few complaining posts here at CC about the cruise, but to us it was a wonderful experience. It was the second time for us on the QM2.

We observed quite a few other gay couples and singles on the cruise, but unfortunately no one seemed very inclined to make friends. Most everyone seemed to be keeping to themselves. We were a bit disappointed about that.

I love this website, it has been such a good resource for me. And what a great forum for other fellow travelers to meet and compare notes.

Cheers,

Lee and Phil

We observed quite a few other gay couples and singles on the cruise, but unfortunately no one seemed very inclined to make friends. Most everyone seemed to be keeping to themselves. We were a bit disappointed about that.

We always attend the FOD meetings. They give an opportunity to meet fellow passengers. Not just any fellow passengers but gay partnered passengers. (Why is it mainly couples who attend these meetings - or at least it is on the QE2). There is quite a lot of family who either don't go to these meetings or look in, see the crowd that's there and get out quickly. I find it enjoyable to meet fellow cruisers on board, I wonder why some people don't?

We always attend the FOD meetings. They give an opportunity to meet fellow passengers. Not just any fellow passengers but gay partnered passengers. (Why is it mainly couples who attend these meetings - or at least it is on the QE2). There is quite a lot of family who either don't go to these meetings or look in, see the crowd that's there and get out quickly. I find it enjoyable to meet fellow cruisers on board, I wonder why some people don't?

We would have attended the FOD on this cruise except it was at 10:30 in the morning on the 4th of July. It wasn't even announced in the daily programme. I wondered about that as I had heard that the QM2 was very gay friendly.

We would have attended the FOD on this cruise except it was at 10:30 in the morning on the 4th of July. It wasn't even announced in the daily programme. I wondered about that as I had heard that the QM2 was very gay friendly.

Trust Cunard - such a suitable time! I can't comment about the QM2, but on the QE2 they have their meetings at 6-00pm each day at sea. Did you have a day at sea on your trip? Could it be a case that everything couldn't be fitted into a short time?

Archived