Looking for hard hot sweaty ......

treyct

Trust Cunard - such a suitable time! I can't comment about the QM2, but on the QE2 they have their meetings at 6-00pm each day at sea. Did you have a day at sea on your trip? Could it be a case that everything couldn't be fitted into a short time?

Well, our only full day at sea was the last day of the cruise. I just thought it was odd that it wasn't even printed on the daily programme. I found the day and time on our cabin TV.

Anyway, it still was a delightful cruise in all ways...

I give Celebrity credit for putting the daily FOD meeting time every day in the daily bulletin. Kudos!

Unfortunately, when picking its location on Constellation, you had to pick between the coolest bar with marginal drinks ("Bar at the End of the Earth") or the marginal bar with decent drinks ("Martini Bar").

Oh, to have such problems! :)

Treyct,

My partner and I have been together for 28 monogamous years and have been on 16 RSVP cruises and 1 Atlantis cruise. We have met many wonderful people on these cruises and remained friends over the years. Many of us reunite each year on these cruises. There is something for everyone on RSVP and Atlantis. Good entertainment, activities, parties, tours, events... whatever you want, and the good thing is that it's a comfortable environment to spend a vacation with your partner. :D

Jim

Although we've traveled most of europe and have done tahiti twice its always been land based. The navy showed me more of the
Mediterranean
than I wanted to see lol, so not to eager to go back. We've never done an atlantis or RSVP cruise.....were just never sure if its a good thing to do as a "couple" ;) .....although please enlighten me if it is. Alot of people seem to like the transatlantic routes it seems, and the Cunard lines seem popular also. I've read several things on Cunard, and I'm not sure its really me...but who knows. Weve been on Carnival, RCL, and NCL I would do the R-family cruise if nothing more than the entertainment....

Unfortunately, when picking its location on Constellation, you had to pick between the coolest bar with marginal drinks ("Bar at the End of the Earth") or the marginal bar with decent drinks ("Martini Bar").

We had a similar issue. They would schedule them for between the dinner seatings in the Martini bar, which meant that it was over-run with other customers and you couldn't visit for long. We discovered Michael's Club late in the week and thought it would have made for a better venue.

My partner and I have been together for 28 monogamous years ...Jim

I don't want to start a war, but I'm curious as to whether a "monogamous year" in a relationship is somehow considered better than an "open-relationship year".

To me they'd be the same, a year in a relationship...with the terms of the relationship negotiated by those participating in it....:confused:

It may be that the people invlolved were dating many people (including their eventual mate) and they choose to mark the start of an exclusive relationship that way. It wouldn't mean they didn't know the person beforehand but that the terms of the relationship had changed.

Who knows and, as you say, why start a war about it.

I don't want to start a war, but I'm curious as to whether a "monogamous year" in a relationship is somehow considered better than an "open-relationship year".

Or single years for that matter.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone who will argue that 28 single years or 28 swinging years or 28 open years or 28 monogamous years is anything better or less than one other. Each have their challenges and their merits.

However 28 monogamous years in the gay community IS quite an accomplishment. Congrats! That’s like what, 196 in straight years? :)

FWIW, we've been together 17 years.

Read this thread quickly, and will forget some things I wanted to say...but

Grew up just across the state line, in W.Springfield, MA, and worked in W. Hartford AND Hamden at various times...

I'm Andrew, and my partner and I have been together just over six years. We've cruised together 6 times, but I had a head start, and I am up in the mid-twenties somewhere (wish that were about my age rather than the # of cruises...:D ...actually, not really- age DOES have a few advantages...;) )

Alan, on Constellation this Spring, we had an informal FOD meeting the first night at Michael's Club, organized on a rollcall here, and you're right, it did make a great venue for the meeting.

Re: Cunard, whoever said they were sailing on the QE2, I'M JEALOUS! One of my favorite ships. As far as the RSVP charter, while the line has had a great rep. for being gay friendly, I imagine that there are some stalwart crossers who object to having their schedule disrupted...didn't anyone tell them they could still go?:D

With attending FOD's in general, I think often single folks might not want to linger... I can't tell you how many times I was the only FOD at the designated time (unlike the stereotype, I'm prompt!) and, because I waited, eventually it got off the ground. Sometimes, ya' gotta stay so that a critical mass develops- might as well start with you! I guess couples are more willing to stay, as they have someone (hopefully) fun to talk to...

And in terms of "monogamous years," I read that comment simply as a reply to the assumption that Atlantis was automatically a place where everyone fools around, even couples, and that this couple did all those gay cruises, and didn't have the problems that one might anticipate...but maybe I'm naive...:)

Andrew

Etoile, just went over to Cunard, and the only thread I found was quite funny, no objections, etc. to the all gay cruise....was there once another thread? Most longtime Cunard travelers are pretty sophisticated around the issues, and some even seek us out, hoping to enhance their crossing...:)

Andrew

Just a warning all....let's keep on topic please! While the discussion is immensely interesting regarding monogomy vs. an open reltionship....that topic is best suited for another forum.

Tyler

Etoile, just went over to Cunard, and the only thread I found was quite funny, no objections, etc. to the all gay cruise....was there once another thread? Most longtime Cunard travelers are pretty sophisticated around the issues, and some even seek us out, hoping to enhance their crossing...:)

Andrew

I think those rather bizarre comments over on the Cunard site were eventually eliminated. It was a small group of obviously straight guys that just kept on posting back and forth and comments like "shirt-lifters" and "nancy boys" started popping up. I don't think it was all meant to be anti-gay but the comments made could be construed as making sad jokes without giving much thought to the people who might just be there and be part of who they were talking about. Eventually someone did say something rather hateful :eek: but it was pulled and so did about half of the messages posted on that thread. :rolleyes: So what's left is a sanitized version.;)

BTW, I'm the one who'll be on the QE2 in August 2007 but I am sure there were other posters who may have already been on the ship. Jealous? Ooops! Sorry! I figured I might as well break the bank now before I lose the chance to ever sail on her. She'll be 40 next year and the rumours are flying that she will be retired before the decade is over. And.........yes, I am very excited about the opportunity.:)

Well, glad to hear that the comments were deleted at least...

I've sailed on the QE2 a few times, and each time, it's like visiting an old friend...don't even mind the lack of balconies, etc. Some of the ship's architecture is a little dated, but that's part of the charm...

As a first timer, make sure to check out all the wonderful maritime art! Very different than the collections on many ships these days...

And have a drink for me in the Chart Room....

Andrew

Hello All,

Mike and Bob here. 17 years together this coming January. Our first cruise (and vacation) together. Sailing on Carnival Glory at the end of April 2007. Any ideas of what not to miss as a couple while doing the eastern caribbean? Or what not to do for that matter.

Thanks

Bob

Just a warning all....let's keep on topic please! While the discussion is immensely interesting regarding monogomy vs. an open reltionship....that topic is best suited for another forum.

Tyler

Nice touch, good insight, good job. Thanks

Dan and Miguel

good morning all from greenville, sc!

hi dan and miguel, sorry i havent stayed in touch.

we are a group of 3, two of us in greenville, one in sao paulo brasil, soon we hope with us. booked on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan for Oct. 1 for a southern carib cruise. our second experience crusing.

also go to puerto vallarta every year - where are heart really is!

dave, jim and yuri

Hey Guys & Gals,

In an earlier post I had responded to Treyct 's comment about if gay cruises are a good thing to do as a couple. I referred to our monogomous relationship only as a reference that these cruises are suited for people in monogomous realationships too. I thought Treyct may be invovled in this type of relationship and wondered if gay cruises were suitable for he and his partner. I think that everyone has their own unique relationships and whatever works for them is just as meaningful as the next persons. Yes, a year is a year regardless of ones relationship. :D

Host Tyler,

I want you to know that I honor your request to keep this thread focused on the topic. I just had to explain myself better for the individuals that focused on the wrong part of my message to Treyct. ;)

Thanks all, and let's see who else has cruise plans on the horizon.

Jim

Well boo, I'm sorry I'll miss you! I'm in Fairfax County myself. So far no family have spoken up on my roll call...I'm still hoping!

Fairfax is where my wife grew up and where her parents still live. Goodness, I'm surprised we don't know each other. lol.

I'm still waiting for anyone to respond on my roll call :confused:

good morning all from greenville, sc!

hi dan and miguel, sorry i havent stayed in touch.

we are a group of 3, two of us in greenville, one in sao paulo brasil, soon we hope with us. booked on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan for Oct. 1 for a southern carib cruise. our second experience crusing.

also go to puerto vallarta every year - where are heart really is!

dave, jim and yuri

Hi Guys,

Sent an email to your home address today. You dont have long to wait for your cruise now.!!!!!

Dan and Miguel

Archived