Final payment

Dean

The brochure by Celebrity Cruise line indicates that one can make the final payment directly to them by credit card --even if you made your reservation through a travel agency. I assume they allow this to assure their passengers that the money will not somehow be lost by bankruptcy, etc by the travel agent.

When I called Celebrity, they refused this option.

Who should I contact next to have them re-consider their refusual to abide by their written brochure?

Hi

I have just paid my balance yesterday by credit card but via my TA. Normally in the UK when we use our CC to pay for a holiday they make a charge for this typically 1-2%

Celebrity have a facility for them to pay it directly through to them via the TA and the fee is then avoided. Just call your TA and tell them you want to do this. It obviously means that the money goes directly to Celebrity and this in turn makes it more secure.

Sue

The brochure by Celebrity Cruise line indicates that one can make the final payment directly to them by credit card --even if you made your reservation through a travel agency. I assume they allow this to assure their passengers that the money will not somehow be lost by bankruptcy, etc by the travel agent.

When I called Celebrity, they refused this option.

Who should I contact next to have them re-consider their refusual to abide by their written brochure?

One of the disadvantages of booking a cruise through a travel agent is that Celebrity won't deal with you directly. When you make the final payment through your travel agent, be sure it is charged to Celebrity and not the travel agent. You can also check on the Celebrity website to insure that your reservation is in good standing.

My TA has my CreditCard information. She contacts Celebrity and organises the payment. The CreditCard Statement alway lists Celebrity as the vendor.

I use an Internet TA. Maybe a store front or local TA would do things differently.

Also, if you cut your TA out of the transaction you may be decreasing the money they are making on handling your booking.

Happy Travels

Cindy

We used a large agency for two of our crusies. They would not process the payment directly through X. Needless to say, since we now have an X credit card that gives double points for X cruises I will not use that agency again.

A smaller agency that we used showed us as a charge to X, not to the TA.

Archived