Spring Break April 2007 Group Cruise Anyone??

Litewait

Just looked at my kids schedules for Spring Break 2007. On the west coast where we are ( sunny San Diego) it's April 2-6. Since weve done all the ports on this side we are anxious to do something on the Carribean.:)

Would anyone be interested in a group cruise on the Carnival Miracle, April 1-7, 2007 to the "Exotic Western Carribean"? The ports are Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya with 2 days at sea. The Miracle departs from Tampa.:D

If there is enough interest I will pursue this with Laura and see what we can get pricing and ammenty wise for the group. We have always enjoyed meeting up with other CC'ers on board, so this should be a great time!

Well thats one family!!

I have a son, who will be 13 then and my daughter will be 18. Weve been cruising since they were little, well since my son was 7 or 8. We love it. We are involved big time in baseball here so I may be talking some of those families into it, so more in the group..:D

We can't join you but I just wanted to tell you, "good choice." We did the Miracle for Spring break this year. We didn't have a group but we had such a great roll call that it ended up being like a group. We had a blast. Wish we could go.:(

wish you could go, why not 2 years in a row? We always cruise in April, atleast this will be our 3rd year in a row.:D

I'm excited about the itenerary! I've never been to any of those ports! What did you all do? Would love some insider info! LOL!

Hope to chat more!

wish you could go, why not 2 years in a row? We always cruise in April, atleast this will be our 3rd year in a row.:D

Why not 3 years in a row? Oh, we would love it but even if we did decide to cruise next spring break we would either do a different class of ship or try another cruise line. It's not that we didn't love the Miracle or Carnival, we did but my teens have indicated they would want to do a different class because we've done 2 Spirit Class ships now. They just want to try something different. Besides, our Spring Break is probably the week before yours. I haven't checked the schedule yet but it's usually the last week of March.

We had an absolute blast on the Miracle tho. Like I said, our roll call turned into sort of a group cruise anyway. We made many good friends and the roll call is still going. Just a couple of weeks ago I got together with 2 of the woman I met on the roll call and cruise.

Hi Donna, I have 3-5 families looking to cruise that week. I think we are leaning toward the Victory going out of Miami though. It looks like that's about $100.00 pp cheaper. Although I do like the Miracle better than the Victory We have between 3-5 passengers in each family and that adds up.

I am definately interested. I have a 11 year old daughter, and that would be her first cruising experience and what would be better, than a group cruise during spring break. COUNT US IN. I will check with some other people to see if they would be interested also.

Hi All,

I will get prices asap for this cruise thru Cruise Critic and possibly the Victory as well. I have always wanted to do the Western Carribean. I think by doing the group we may be able to beat the $100 difference and still do the Miracle.

Let me see what I can do. :D

Keep spreading the word!:p

Litewait,

My son is 19 but probably won't be going this time but my 15 year old daughter will. The cruises from Port Canaveral, Mobile, Tampa and Jacksonville usually sell out because all of the metro Atlanta schools have spring break at the same time and those are the closest ports. We've been to all of the destinations except Belize and had a blast at each one.

Actually my daughter will turn 19 in March before the cruise in April. She has told me in no uncertain terms that when we cruise she cruises, regardless of age! She and I did the Spirit this past April for her 18th birthday and we had a nice time together, one of those mother/daughter things.:D

She really wants to go to the Carribean also. We are about burnt out on the ports here. Weve done;

Acapulco

Manzanillo

Ixtapa

Cabo X2

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan X2

La Paz

Ensenada X3

So we are excited about this trip!:)

I have booked a cruise for April 1-7 out of Fort Lauderdale on Costa..

the reviews are mixed, but like both of us, we have been on Spirit class ships and loved them. This ship is identical to the Spirit,I have the big balcony, and it cost $1300 less than the Miracle or the Valor for that week. Till July 31 they have kids sail free program, 17 and under... check it out....

I just wanted to try something different and, the kids said they would try it out... if you have any questions, e-mail me...

Jan

so your venturing off to another cruiseline.. I was surprised to see the ships look identical. I love Carnival and no what to expect so it's a hard thing for me to change. Creature of habit I guess.;)

My family is looking for a spring break cruise - our break is actually the week after but this week may be more convenient work wise. We have never cruised with our kids before and they are very excited!!

Definately interested!!

How wil we know if you are able to get a group cruise together?? I am new to this (and still learning how to navigate this site) and unsure of the process. Will you post it?? Should I be looking for information someplace else??

Your kids will be hooked!! Thats all mine have wanted to do since the first time they cruised. No more Disneyland or camping LOL! We have cruised spring break the last 2 years and have enjoyed it. I really hope you can make it!:D

I will keep posting here and as soon as I have the info I will post here and start another thread with the "big annoncement" and will have all the links to all the info you will need. The best things are better pricing and the "freebies" the cruiseline and Cruise Critic toss in, but most of all, all the fun planning with the friends you make on here!

There is certainly enough interest, just waiting on info back from Laura.:)

so your venturing off to another cruiseline.. I was surprised to see the ships look identical. I love Carnival and no what to expect so it's a hard thing for me to change. Creature of habit I guess.;)

Gosh, if we had never ventured out and tried cruising, we would be camping and eating campfood. I just wanted to try something else, as I have nothing to compare Carnival to, or any other cruiseline...no guts, no glory

Jan

I actually went to the Costa website but the pages wouldn't load when you clicked on them. I've been contemplating trying RCL but I keep hearing about the small cabins. Not sure how much smaller you can make them! LOL!

I will probably try something different on a short cruise 3-5 days in the future. I'm to chicken to do it on a 7 day and have to listen to my kids complain if they didn't like it. I know I'm a wimp!!:D

Archived