Spring Break April 2007 Group Cruise Anyone??

Litewait

I'm excited at the looks of the size this group is already getting to be! Hopefully everyone will be able to make it after all the info comes in~

I have in mind a door decorating contest, scavenger hunt for the kids, group photo, if we have enough a private slot tourney, all kinds of things once I see how many are going. There is also a downloadable Cruise critic door sign on here, I'll post a link to once we get a group page. Remember, you can pick and choose what you want to participate in. I also emailed Native Way, who does a Rays Reef & Rum tour in Grand Cayman about a group possibly.

This tour sounds great, you can go to the Ports of Call and read about it.

Ideas are flowing and we are only 8 months out!:D

Donna.. would you email me please.. lee at wercruzin.us

Just looked at my kids schedules for Spring Break 2007. On the west coast where we are ( sunny San Diego) it's April 2-6. Since weve done all the ports on this side we are anxious to do something on the Carribean.:)

Hey ho - we're not too far from you (about an hours drive!) We would be interested, but have already booked the Spirit on the 3/31/07 - 4/8/07 Cruise! It works out great because my son and I are off for Spring Break, and because of Good Friday, hubby will only miss 4 days for an 8 day cruise! We did this last spring on the Pride and it was a blast!

Have fun all! ;)

We did the Spirit the last 2 years in a row for our breaks. Did the 2 iteneraries that they offer once a year. One went to Ixtapa & Manzanillo and the last one did La PAz. We had a great time, you will too. We have been eager to try the caribbean so thats what we have been planning for next year! Wish you could go!

Question - I see that many of us interested in this cruise are making it a family vacation. DH and I have not cruised with the kids before. Seems like some of you have. What type of room or rooms do you get?? We were thinking of adjoining interiors but they seem to be very limited on the Miracle. I had asked this question before and Litewait had suggested OV with Interior across the hall. Our kids are 15, 13 and 8. As with you, our budget is small and honestly we spend very little time in the room so in past cruises we have always gotten the Interior gty. But the our kids are bigger and the added bathroom would be a huge plus. Oh such a dilemna!! ;) Just nervous - just a mom.

What I've seen happening in the past, is that the parents get an outside room, then the kids get an inside room across the hall.. and the parents get a key to both rooms for the bed check.. Pursers have no problem doing this ..

Hope I answered your question..

werecruzin - Thanks!! I really appreciate all the help. I think that if we cannot get an adjoining interior that is exactly what we will do. I will be nervous but.... it's a mom thing. DH says I am overthinking but the mind it does wander. :D

Here you go, the rates look great. about $200 less per person than I have seen elsewhere, plus $ 100 onboard credit! What do you all think?? Let me know SO I can give Laura the thumbs up!:D

She will then give us the TA info and set up a group page and message board.

Carnival Miracle 4/1/07 " Mayhem on the Miracle"

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 749 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 839 pp

Balcony (Cat 8A): $ 949 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat 11): $ 1539 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat 12): $ 2089 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include the port charges and gov’t fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 1079 pp

3rd/4th passenger rates are subject to change…..the current rates are as follows:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 689 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 709

Balcony and Suites (Cat 8A, 11 and 12): $ 769 pp

Amenities

$ 100 per cabin onboard credit

Initial Deposit due by 8/18/06: $ 25 pp for double occupancy non-suite guarantees; $ 250 pp due at time of booking for all cabin assignments including singles, triples, quads or suites. For those who paid just the initial deposit for a guarantee cabin, their remaining $ 250 pp deposit will be due by 10/6/06 and the final payment will be due on or before 12/15/06 for all bookings.

I wish you could go.. It saves me about $600 in cruise cost and then you add on the $100 cabin credit for a total of $700 at the least. I thought it was pretty good. Especially for spring break when the rates are generally higher anyway. I'll get air fair thru South West or Jet Blue as soon as the windows open for that. Last year I priced the same time frame and it was about $205.00 round trip a great deal from San Diego!! ANy way, I am really sorry you can't do this one. You can always join the group at any time, just not the $25.00 deposit..:(

I'm excited at the looks of the size this group is already getting to be! Hopefully everyone will be able to make it after all the info comes in~

I have in mind a door decorating contest, scavenger hunt for the kids, group photo, if we have enough a private slot tourney, all kinds of things once I see how many are going. There is also a downloadable Cruise critic door sign on here, I'll post a link to once we get a group page. Remember, you can pick and choose what you want to participate in. I also emailed Native Way, who does a Rays Reef & Rum tour in Grand Cayman about a group possibly.

This tour sounds great, you can go to the Ports of Call and read about it.

Ideas are flowing and we are only 8 months out!:D

You guys will have a bbbblast on the Miracle!!! We did that ship this past Spring Break (with Heidi) and as she said, we had a GREAT roll call (we still chat to this day ;) ).

The ports were fun (Cozumel was the best!! Go see Tom over at Paradise Beach, great food, great drinks and great family fun!!! Unfortunately, we never made it over to Carlos and Charlies :( Wasnt in port long enough!!!)

Cave tubed with Yhonny in Belize (froze my butt off) I would highly recommend his tour!!!!

We are planning the same cruise dates (4/2-4/9) you are all going BUT we are doing the Glory Eastern route since we just did Western last trip~

Seems those dates are a popular time for spring break this coming year~ NC, GA, NJ, CA....we all have those same dates!!! :eek:

Just wanted to say HAVE FUN ON THE MIRACLE!!! We will be causing our own mayhem on the Glory that same week :D

Bon Voyage!!!!!

Doodlesmom~

Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com It is VERY east to make your ticker! I made mine, then saved the page to my favorites on my computer. I then came on CC went to my User Cp, click on edit signature, you will then open the ticker page and cut and paste the ticker you made onto to your signature and save. I hope that makes since. Thats how I did the one on my posts. I have it already for our cruise.:confused:

I emailed Laura that it was a go. So I should have the TA stuff tomorrow. I"m keeping my fingers crossed the cabin was want is still there...

How about the rest of you all???:D

Wercruzin is working on a banner for the group!!

Thanks Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ok, I think I should start a new thread with the rates and out name ect. Or do you all think we should just stay on here?? Weve got alot of posts....

I wish you could go.. It saves me about $600 in cruise cost and then you add on the $100 cabin credit for a total of $700 at the least. I thought it was pretty good. Especially for spring break when the rates are generally higher anyway. I'll get air fair thru South West or Jet Blue as soon as the windows open for that. Last year I priced the same time frame and it was about $205.00 round trip a great deal from San Diego!! ANy way, I am really sorry you can't do this one. You can always join the group at any time, just not the $25.00 deposit..:(

I knew I should have never have gone back to college:( I am currently 3 and a half years into my Physicians Assistant degree and we are on a serious budget this quarter and the next 2. I cannot work or my kids would forget they had a mother. I will beg DH to work some extra overtime:D and see what he says. We still just might swing it with this being the kids Santa gift.

You are doing a great thing for your family, continuing your education and making a better life for them. ANd what a great example! I really hope it works out for. You can make the deposit to lock in the cabin and rate ( sometimes certain categories will sell out) If you find out you really can't go you could cancel prior to the final payment and not be out any money.

My daughter graduated high school in June and is looking into being a Physicians Assistant, any advice? She wants to know if the pay is good LOL!

What ever you decide, your doing the right thing!:)

You are doing a great thing for your family, continuing your education and making a better life for them. ANd what a great example! I really hope it works out for. You can make the deposit to lock in the cabin and rate ( sometimes certain categories will sell out) If you find out you really can't go you could cancel prior to the final payment and not be out any money.

My daughter graduated high school in June and is looking into being a Physicians Assistant, any advice? She wants to know if the pay is good LOL!

What ever you decide, your doing the right thing!:)

The best peice of advice I can give is get a good feel for what health care entails and know that the money spent on college should be used wisely. Just to apply for PA school it is good to have an AAS in a Allied Health Career and then have your bach in either Biology or Chemistry with a Physiology or Histology track. I have found that most schools would rather have a non nursing applicant then a person who has went to nursing school. Found that out AFTER I had my nursing DONE:mad: Now I am working in tandem on a new AAS and a Bio-Phys Major for my BS. Yikes lots of work. Also the pay is excellent and depending on which state you work in your scope of practice is different for example in SD the only thing that seperates a PA from an MD is the different title since the scope is the same and a PA can specialize in a feild of interest. I am going to study to be a Pediatric Oncology PA. I am hoping to go to Duke Univ. Hosp. for my internship. Pay in SD as of a year ago for a PA straight family practice 8-5 mon thru fri topped out at 60.15 per hour.

Wow I wrote a book:o

Wercruzin is working on a banner for the group!!

Thanks Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ok, I think I should start a new thread with the rates and out name ect. Or do you all think we should just stay on here?? Weve got alot of posts....

Hmmm....you can try, but I am not sure how long it will stay up. Actually quite surprised that the rates are still posted here (it's against Carnival's policy to post group rates online). If you go the the CC group section you will notice that the groups on Carnival ask you to contact that group for pricing info.

Soooo.....we shall see:confused:

I am gonna be honest with those prices we will have to pass that would be close to 5 grand for just the cruise and another G for the airfair. I am bummed:(

Bad News folks.. These prices just blow out budget to pieces.. there is no way we can do this..

Our spring break is the week after that(4/9).. so we looked into the week following that (4/15). There is ~ $1000 cost savings.. so we can get a balcony guarantee with money to spare vs. an inside cabin on (4/1).

I know you guys will have a blast.. Maybe next time!!

Archived