covered pools

cruise junky joan

For the ships that have covered pools is it warm enough to get into the pool and is the pool area so crowded that you can't get near a chair? I realize that the whole point of going is the beautiful scenery but I am taking two kids and they will want to be in the pool no matter what.

For the ships that have covered pools is it warm enough to get into the pool and is the pool area so crowded that you can't get near a chair? I realize that the whole point of going is the beautiful scenery but I am taking two kids and they will want to be in the pool no matter what.

I rarely see the pools used in Alaska - even the covered ones. I doubt you will have a problem getting near a chair.

We were on the Regal 12/2004 going thru canal, the pool at the front of the ship used by the crew was covered so we could use as observation area. I imagine pool will be covered the day were in the Tracy Arm.

Other then that the swim up bar pool had a net on it a few times. I think just for cleaning , etc.

Not too cool just not as much of a swimming crowd.

We were lucky enough early in June when we went to Alaska the temps were warm enough to swim outside but I have been there when it was cold too. Great to be inside under the roof if you enjoy doing that. Many people spend their time in Alaska enjoying the scenery instead.

By covered, you're referring to a roof overhead as opposed to "closed" right?

We were on the Sapphire Princess in 2004 and they had a lovely pool, and it never seemed to close. My DH and our friends used it late at night every night and loved it. It was warm and wonderful and we were the only ones in it at night. I think I saw a few people there during the day, but nothing like you'd see on a warm weather cruise.

Enjoy!!

Tammy

We've done AK in June and August on RCCI Radiance - the Solarium indoor pool area was very comfortable and had specific times posted for family swimming (on warm weather cruises, the Solaruim is 'adults only'). Our DD (respectively 7 and 8 on the two cruises) and many other kids happily used the outdoor water slide on several occassions while I sat nearby with a large towel for when she was done. We also used the outside pool on at least two occassions (and were not alone).

Outdoor pool time is not a 'given' as conditions can vary greatly from day-to-day = but don't forget to pack your suit and remember to 'swim while the sun shines!' because you never know what conditions tomorrow will bring!

Archived