Hotel in Santiago

jeanb

crazy4cruisn,

No we didn't stay there but we did stay at the Ritz Carlton and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is in a lovely area, we had a great room and the rate was very reasonable. I booked it directly on the Ritz Carlton website about 11 months before we left and then watched the prices which I always do. The price did come down once, so I changed the booking and then watched the prices go up. I think that they had nearly doubled by the time we stayed there.

Jennie

No we didn't stay there but we did stay at the Ritz Carlton and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is in a lovely area, we had a great room and the rate was very reasonable.

I've booked it for Jan. Did you use the hotel's concierge to arrange tours? My cruise leaves from Valparaiso, just wondering if hotel can arrange reasonably priced transfer? What services of the hotel should I take advantage of? Will stay there for 3 days, to recover from jetlag before cruise.Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

crazy4cruzin,

Which hotel did you book for Jan. 10? The Ritz Carlton is a bit too expensive for our group of 8. We arranged with Tourismonuevomundo to pick us up on Dec. 3. They are taking us on a tour of Santiago, Casablanca Winery tour, Valparaiso and Vina del Mar city tour and then drop us off at the Infinity pier for our cruise.

I've booked it for Jan. Did you use the hotel's concierge to arrange tours? My cruise leaves from Valparaiso, just wondering if hotel can arrange reasonably priced transfer? What services of the hotel should I take advantage of? Will stay there for 3 days, to recover from jetlag before cruise.Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

You will have very little jet lag. Santiago is only 2 hours ahead of Calgary. Even though it is a long flight, north/south flights have very little jet lag. I fly to Santiago/Lima 4 times per year for business from Los Angeles/Phoenix and never experience jet lag.

You will have very little jet lag. Santiago is only 2 hours ahead of Calgary. .

I use the term jetlag loosely, to include the possible fatigue that may result from a sleepless overnight flight that's 9.5 hrs from Toronto to Santiago. We have to fly to Toronto for our connection. On top of that, there will be a 4 hour difference between Calgary and Santiago that time of the year( 3 hr difference in our summer ) Never had to deal with 4 hr time zone difference, it was either under 3 or over 8 in the past, so don't know how my body is going to take this.

We've stayed at the Kennedy twice in the last three years. It's a great value, we booked on the internet and were pleasantly surprised. Large rooms, very clean bathroom, huge tub and oversize towels. Our room included a free cocktail and snacks in the afternoon, the hors d'oevres were enough for a meal. The breakfast buffet is huge, make sure it's included with your room. There's a small pool and a nice restaurant. Staff was friendly and helpful, sometimes their English isn't real clear, but they find someone who speaks it well. Also they have free internet. If you need to shop, there's a huge mall within walking distance. We love Santiago and the drive to Valparaiso through the wine country - have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...

I havent stayed in either of the hotels you mention, but did two weeks ago stay in the Las Condes/Vitacura areas. It is a nice area and safe, but a long way from downtown and there arent a lot of restraunts and things. The hotels there tend to be used more by buisness people as Vitacura is the buisness district.

does anyone know anything about the Radisson Royal Hotel? or the area it's in? our TA got us a good price ($180 with brkfst and taxes) and the web site seems like it's very nice.....but does anyone out there KNOW??? thanks in advance

We stayed at the Hotel Orly in a very nice neighborhood. We were a short walking distance to the cable car to San Christobal, etc. There was a metro station close by and also bus transportation. It is a lovely hotel with a nice buffet breakfast. Free internet use. The rooms are small, but decorated very nicely--but we weren't in the room anyway except to sleep at night. As soon as we got off the plane, took the van transportation to the hotel, which the hotel arranged for us, we took off sightseeing. Arrived at hotel at 8:30 a.m.

Check out http://www.tripadvisor.com for hotel information and reviews. Cost was $77. Had a nice restaurant, too where we sat outside and ate our dinner.

gerena,

We have a reservation to stay at the Hotel Orly in March when we leave Golden Princess. It is so nice to hear good things about the hotel. It was rated #1 in Trip Advisor.

Fran

You will enjoy it. I too use Trip Advisor. Can't beat that website and Cruise Critic. I liked the rating, too.

Enjoy

Archived