Covered balconies

StellaRN

We will be taking our first cruise next July on the Island Princess . We have booked a mini-suite D416 on the Dolphin Deck. I'm reading alot here that says these are not covered is that a good or bad thing. We still have time to change if need be. I thought mid-ship was best as far as not feeling the motion of the ship as much. I really don't know much about cruising could use some advice.

Thanks StellaRN

We had a minisuite on Dolphin deck on the Golden Princess last year. I didn't mind at all that the balcony was uncovered. I enjoyed being able to lay out in the sun (when it was on our side of the ship). We've taken 6 other cruises and our mini-suite was the most beautiful cabin on any of the ships we've been on. If you want absolute privacy on your balcony you won't like these cabins, but I had no problem with it at all. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the reply. We ended up changing to a mini on caribe c504 that is on the bumpout mid-ship. From pictures and info we got here it looks to be 3/4 covered. I was more concerned with rain in Alaska than privacy. Not having cruised before all the info we get here has been a big help.

StellaRN:)

We were on Celebrity in March and had a balcony that was partially covered. For us, it worked fine. When I wanted to lay in the sun, it was nice to not have to fight the pool crowds and have that option on our balcony. I thought that the two decks above ours would bother me, looking down on me, but I had no problem with it at all!!! ;)

Hello StellaRN,

You may want to post your inquiry on the Princess board, as there are tons of cruisers there that can give you the straight answer on exactly which cabins are covered, and which are not. I remember seeing a list of same for the Coral and the Island.

Have a great cruise..........

Stella, I want to add to my above post and say that just because your balcony may be "exposed" to the upper decks, is not necessarily a bad thing. I have been on an exposed balcony and looked up to see only a handful of people looking down. It's not as if there are LOTS ;) of folks looking down, unless it's during disembarkation, etc. ;)

We had the same thing on Grand princess. While the people all around us were nice folks, we never felt comfortable on the balcony. If people reach down and you reach up you can almost touch. I know why princess designed the balconies to be outside the main ship because cabins then take up less room inside the ship but we felt it was a serious flaw in design. We use a balcony so much and with intense sun or rain, and no privacy, it was not pleasant.

Here's the list that "Specs" posted earlier.........

can help you by listing wich balconies on Coral Princess are fully covered or not...

A209-310; A416-504; A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311- 427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; 624-737 covered

Archived