Lobster on 3night cruise?? DH NEEDS TO KNOW!!

Would you be happy to know that there is NO lobster on formal night???

There was lobster............and still is............on certain cruises!

I'm pulling your leg.............there should be lobster on the one formal night.

WOW, DH is really going to be PO. I really don't get it, you are paying about the same /night.....

Thanks for the quick reply's -Amanda

Tell him he isn't missing anything. It's not a real lobster - not a MAINE lobster. Its a "lobster tail" - restaurant code for a different animal completely, not the lobster you are probably thinking about. In my opinion (being in Boston and having REAL lobster often!) cruise 'lobster' is a small, not succulent, not sweet, poor imitation. Think pollack for 'crab' sticks :)

Tell him he isn't missing anything. It's not a real lobster - not a MAINE lobster. Its a "lobster tail" - restaurant code for a different animal completely, not the lobster you are probably thinking about. In my opinion (being in Boston and having REAL lobster often!) cruise 'lobster' is a small, not succulent, not sweet, poor imitation. Think pollack for 'crab' sticks :)

This "pollack" happens to agree with you ;)

###

This reminds me of my only (so far) cruise on RCCL ... it was a short 3-nighter, and my most enduring memory is of the complaints of my dinner talblemates. WHY ISN"T THERE MORE SEAFOOD? %^&&^%$# WE PAID FOR A CRUISE! WE WANT %^^&*&*% SEAFOOD! ;)

We've had filet on the Monarch 3-nighters and it was very good - everybody who ordered it found that it was cooked to their liking, from e-coli bloody rare to charred beyond recognition well done (I'm not an extremist - my medium rare was perfect for me).

No lobster, but the garlic shrimp was just as good - as others have said, the lobster really isn't anything to write home about, so the shrimp were a good enough standin for what you would otherwise have received.

Archived