Roll Calls

stargazers

Hello out there! Where is everyone? I recently started checking the roll calls and it seems that fewer and fewer people are posting there. We REALLY enjoyed out Cruise Critic group The Cruising Eagles last year on the Pride of America. We posted a lot before we left giving each other ideas for excursions, sharing information about the news as they built the ship, all kinds of things. I found that it really enhanced my entire cruise experience! I preplanned and shared my excitement as the cruise approached (Coworkers really didn't get it), and I had new friends before we even stepped foot on board ship. It was amazing how many things we had in common! We still are in contact with several of our friends a year later.

So, come on everybody. Check out your roll call. Share your excitement and knowledge. You may just meet once to place names and faces together, or as we did, run into each other all over the ship and have a GREAT time!

Happy cruising! Kristy :)

Part of the problem is people can't find them. Some are licky to find this page. You can reach all the NCL roll calls from here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

It would be helpful if there was a link at the top of each cruise lines main board or at least a sticky. How many times does a new poster come here, post we are on the this cruise anyone else, it is moved to the roll call board, new poster returns can find their thread, and they are never heard from again.

Part of the problem is people can't find them. Some are licky to find this page. You can reach all the NCL roll calls from here.

It would be helpful if there was a link at the top of each cruise lines main board or at least a sticky. How many times does a new poster come here, post we are on the this cruise anyone else, it is moved to the roll call board, new poster returns can find their thread, and they are never heard from again.

That may be the problem with the rollcall I posted on last week. It looks like the OP posted on the main NCL page on April 26, and the second post was made April 27. Then it was moved to the roll call board, and neither poster has returned. Maybe they lost track of it.

That may be the problem with the rollcall I posted on last week. It looks like the OP posted on the main NCL page on April 26, and the second post was made April 27. Then it was moved to the roll call board, and neither poster has returned. Maybe they lost track of it.

And that is how you end up with several roll calls for the same cruise. There is a thread today from Welshgirl who just booked the Pearl transatlantic hopefully she will return before it goes.

Already had one thread moved to the roll call page for this cruise from a one post member who never returned.

Wish they could leave them for 48 hours but I understand that would be far to much to keep track of.

Perhaps a sticky - what to do if you can't find your tread or post. It is easy once you know how to find your old threads and posts but not intuitive.

Thanks Shoreguy--you always have such valuable info to pass on. I found my roll call because Logcabin guided me in the right direction. I'm very excited to meet all these nice people next week on the Spirit. However, I still don't know how to find my old threads.:confused:

Actually, moving a posting to the roll call page is the same as if the original poster put it in the right place in the first place. At least it is there for someone to find going forward. This assumes it is titled well.

The sad part is too many folks can not or will not take a few seconds to understand what is available, like roll calls. Like those asking about Alaska when there is a GREAT board for Alaska cruisers. etc. etc. etc.

It might be worth posting a reminder from time to time so that folks will go look at the roll calls. Especially since it is apparent many do not read the sticky's.

And, remember, many just are not willing to post their information there.

Archived