Latitudes perks -- traveling with a newbie

ennjay

Hi everyone...

Last night I waited on hold for almost an hour with NCL's Latitudes line to ask this question, and then accidentally I hung up (my face pushed the "Off" button! ahhh!) and I didn't have the patience to call again so I thought I'd try here first to see if anyone had an answer for me.

I'm a Latitudes member, but the person I am traveling with on the Spirit in 2 weeks (yay!) is not. Is she allowed to do the priority embarkation with me, or do we have to split up or do we both have to do the regular embarkation?

(Unfortunately, they didn't indicate that I am a Latitudes member on my ticket, but I did call them and have them add that to my record so hopefully it won't be a problem. I don't have my card yet but I do have my number.)

If anyone has experience with traveling with one Lat/one not and can answer my embarkation question, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi everyone...

Last night I waited on hold for almost an hour with NCL's Latitudes line to ask this question, and then accidentally I hung up (my face pushed the "Off" button! ahhh!) and I didn't have the patience to call again so I thought I'd try here first to see if anyone had an answer for me.

I'm a Latitudes member, but the person I am traveling with on the Spirit in 2 weeks (yay!) is not. Is she allowed to do the priority embarkation with me, or do we have to split up or do we both have to do the regular embarkation?

(Unfortunately, they didn't indicate that I am a Latitudes member on my ticket, but I did call them and have them add that to my record so hopefully it won't be a problem. I don't have my card yet but I do have my number.)

If anyone has experience with traveling with one Lat/one not and can answer my embarkation question, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

No problem, check in together.

When I first read this, I think newbe was a baby :)...its not a priblem as long as one is a previous cruiser...I don't think they check that closely anyway...but if it doesn't say you are previous cruiser make sure you have something with ou in case they do as.

On the Dawn this year, they allowed a couple who was not Lattitudes members but part of our large party to go through the line with us. Of course, there was no one in the Lattitudes line when we went through.

On the Star last year in Alaska, they would not allow my brother in law, his wife and son to go through the Lattitudes line with the other 8 of us. The lines were longer that time.

When I first read this, I think newbe was a baby :)...its not a priblem as long as one is a previous cruiser...I don't think they check that closely anyway...but if it doesn't say you are previous cruiser make sure you have something with ou in case they do as.

LOL, nope not a baby but an adult! We're traveling together in the same cabin.

It doesn't say I'm a previous cruiser on my ticket but I did call and have them add it to the computer record (actually, I called NCL, as directed on the ticket, to have them note it, and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I was told, "Oh, we can't do that. You need to call Expedia and have them adjust the record"!! So then I had to call Expedia, whom I had booked with. Isn't that a little crazy that they couldn't just make note of my Latitudes status at NCL? Why then, on your ticket, does it say to call them if that is the case, and not "call your travel agent"? Even the woman at Expedia was like, "They told you to call us? That's crazy!").

Anyway, I still have my old ticket & keycard from my other cruise so maybe I'll take those along as "proof".

Hi everyone...

............Thanks!

I never saw any lattitudes Police there:rolleyes: ..you should be good to go! have a great cruise:D

I never saw any lattitudes Police there:rolleyes: ..you should be good to go! have a great cruise:D

Last year there was a person asking for Latitude cards. There wasn't any problem with my travel partner (not Latitude member) registering with me.

Donna

HI,

The whole process was effiicent for EVERYONE. I imagine that I got taken care of 30 secs. before non Latitudes people. Don't spend a second worrying!

Donna

I've even seen the regular line shorter than the latitudes line (rare). That cruise I just got in the regular line.

-Monte

Awesome question, I was going to post a similar question today until I saw yours. We're travelling with my mother in 2 months, and she's been on just about every bloody cruise line in the world, except NCL and I was wonder the same (although it would be nice to just say see ya mom at the terminal, as we hop into the Lattitudes line, LOL).

Now, what if you don't have Lattitude cards and you are a Lattitudes member?

Archived