Ft. Lauderdale/Enchantment????

I am going on a very fun, relaxing girl's only cruise this winter!!! That said, I have a few questions on the port.....

1. How far apart is the airport and the pier??

2. How much is a taxi from AP to Pier???

3. We are coming in the very early morning of....what can we do close by until we board???

4. What time does late night life shut down???

5. Where is a great early morning breakfast place??

6. Are we aloud on the beach late night?? Or do they "close"??

7. I want to do something that screams FL or Ft Lauderdale...do you have any thoughts??

Ok enough for now, a big thank you ahead of time!!!! I am very excited for this cruise.....can you tell???:D

You are about 10 mins or so by taxi from AP to Pier. Taxis (I seem to recall) are less than $20 one way.

Los Olas Blvd. seems to be the place to go. Not sure about answers to your other questions. Sorry.

I am going on a very fun, relaxing girl's only cruise this winter!!! That said, I have a few questions on the port.....

1. How far apart is the airport and the pier?? 4 miles

2. How much is a taxi from AP to Pier??? $16 each way per car

3. We are coming in the very early morning of....what can we do close by until we board??? Plan on an hour after flight lands to claim luggage and hail a taxi. They should start boarding around 11 anyways. Grab lunch on the ship.

4. What time does late night life shut down??? around 2am

5. Where is a great early morning breakfast place?? dining room or windjammer

6. Are we aloud on the beach late night?? Or do they "close"??

7. I want to do something that screams FL or Ft Lauderdale...do you have any thoughts??

Thank you so much for the answers I have gotten!!!! I have to say this board is as amazing now as it was on day one!!!!

I should be more specific.... #5. early morning breakfast spot....in Ft. Lauderdale!!! our plane as of now will be landing at 12:30am (midnight) and we plan to wonder around eat visit the beach and then board the ship...where is a great breakfast stop in Ft. Lauderdale or on the beach???

Thanks again, I couldn't imagine doing this without all this help!!!

118 people looked.....no other answers???? Come on I got some of my questions answered, anyone else get the rest????

My breakfast question I need to add, a spot in Ft. Lauderdale for a breakfast stop!!!

Please help me out here!!

Thanks so much TheWog and Steve20832, you've been helpful,

3. We are coming in the very early morning of....what can we do close by until we board??? Close by to the airport would depend on what you are looking for. Also depends on the age of the group you are going with. There are night clubs pretty close to the airport as well as large arcade with go-karts and some rides.

4. What time does late night life shut down??? it would depend on where you want to go that night, age of the group

5. Where is a great early morning breakfast place?? There is a couple of places on the beach as well as in FTL just depending on where you are going to

6. Are we aloud on the beach late night?? Or do they "close"?? You can go on the beach but some Police officers might try to kick you off..

7. I want to do something that screams FL or Ft Lauderdale...do you have any thoughts?? i have some thoughts...

If you have any questions feel free.. i live in the area.

Thank you so much for the answers I have gotten!!!! I have to say this board is as amazing now as it was on day one!!!!

I should be more specific.... #5. early morning breakfast spot....in Ft. Lauderdale!!! our plane as of now will be landing at 12:30am (midnight) and we plan to wonder around eat visit the beach and then board the ship...where is a great breakfast stop in Ft. Lauderdale or on the beach???

WOW! I couldn't start out on a cruise without sleep! I would need to sleep to get myself well rested for all the partying on the cruise!!

118 people looked.....no other answers???? Come on I got some of my questions answered, anyone else get the rest????

My breakfast question I need to add, a spot in Ft. Lauderdale for a breakfast stop!!!

Please help me out here!!

Thanks so much TheWog and Steve20832, you've been helpful,

You're welcome. Have a great time!

5. Where is a great early morning breakfast place??

I'm not sure if people in Ft. Lauderdale are up early for breakfast after their late nights ;)

Go to the corner of A1A and Las Olas Blvd. It's the intersection of all that's good with Ft. Lauderdale. You've got the beach, the Elbo Room which is a classic Ft. Lauderdale bar....I think it's been there forever. And you've got Las Olas Blvd which is full of trendy shops and restaurants. Tourists LOVE Las Olas, but you'd have to catch a cab and head west a little to get into the heart of the shops/restaurants. All of this is still within about 15-20 minutes of the Port.

Enjoy Fort Lauderdale!!

Could you please review the cruise - from your perspective- after you get back. I am also planning a Girls Only Trip on the Enchantment but not until next Sept!!!! You get alot of reviews from family/honeymooner etc. but you seem to have the same ideas we do.

If you would rather email me with your thoughts, please feel free Cutipatuty@aol.com

Thanks!

Best breakfast that "screams" Fort Lauderdale would be The Floridian at 1410 East Las Olas. Open 24/7

"One could hardly wish for a more central place in Fort Lauderdale. The Floridian sits in the middle of the maelstrom of trendiness much as it always has. There's nothing fancy about the place, but it is a true local institution. You'll find stockbrokers as easily as beach bums in this friendly, but nearly chaotic place".

Thank you everyone!!! I have only been to FL. it's self once and that was meerly to board our last cruise, so this is going to be MY second time and being it is only girl's and NO KIDS I want to wonder and see it if only for a couple hours??!!

CallieS: #5 very funny...I never thought about it like that!!!! Had I been up all night partying I guess breakfast would be out for me too!!:D Thanks on #7!!!

Admiral: Waffel House!!!!! Love waffels!!! thank you!!!

Twistergirrl: AlligatorAlley sounds great...I will check it out!!! I was also thinking an airboat ride would be fun??!!

Donato: Lester's sounds good too!!!

mamax4:I will!!!!! I did it for our last cruise and that is actually how I meet the girl's I am going with this time...reviews = new cruising friend's!!!

AdGuyMike: Very cool!! that sounds like a place to go...we won't get kicked out!!! We may need to just sit and soak it all in, and this may be the place to do it!!!

BriBrittMom: another 24/7 choice...I love it!!!

Thank you everyone, you have been most helpful!!!!:D

A favorite late night/early morning venue in Fort Lauderdale is Lester's Diner. It is located at 250 E State Road 84. I am sure any cab driver in Ft. Laud will know of it. It is close by the port and the airport. I am pretty sure they are open 24 hours. Great coffee.

Nightlife: Beachplace located on Ft. Laud Beach has Howl at the Moon, Sloppy Joes, Lulu's Baitshack, Fat Tuesdays and a Hooters.

Las Olas Blvd has restaurants/bars. This is a bit more upscale.

RiverWalk is another nightlife area which has: Tarpon Bend, Coyote Ugly, and many other bars. We are locals and go to RiverWalk a few times a month. Always a good time and great drink specials.

If you have any other questions, let me know as I live here in Ft. Laud!

How is Sloppy Joes and Howling at the moon? Can we bring the family to dinner at either one, and how appropriate are they for a 3 and 8 year old? We will be in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days before our cruise in August.

Thanks!

T

wow - you all sound a lot more adventurous than me. I'm flying in at 12:30 a.m. too (AirTran?) and all I did was book a hotel so we could get some sleep! My plan is to check out of the hotel and be at the pier by 10:00. I've ALWAYS wanted to be the first one on the ship - I've nver made it but I've come close before. 24 days 19 hours and 9 minutes to go!!!

Sloppy Joes would be more appropriate for children. Howl at the Moon is a dueling pianos interaction bar.

Lulu's Baitshack is also at BeachPlace and would be appropriate for kids.

Thanks for the advice!

SusieK: You may wish you never opened this door!!!:D I could possibly drowned you in questions!!!;) Thanks on the Riverwalk area, I haven't heard about that area yet?? My sister, who is coming with me, is a bartender and she would love to go to Coyote Ugly's I have a feeling we will stop by there??!!:D From AP to Pier where abouts is Riverwalk??? On average what does a one way taxi cost down there?? I think being that everyplace is so close together this will be our means of transportation!!

TnMD....: I only plan to do this IF this is our only option...as flights post later this fall things may change and to throw in a hotel last min. won't hurt my feelings any!!!:) If I do get a hotel I do want it to be cheap... one night only isn't worth $200 a night!!!

Thanks again everyone who has posted replies and to those who do it when I don't check.....I have many more notebook pages for ideas in Ft. Lauderdale!!!!

We are flying in really late at night, 4 days before our cruise. We will be staying at one of our timeshare resorts starting the next day until our cruise leaves, so we needed a hotel for one night. We weren't going to spend a lot of money on it since we weren't going to be able to get there until really, really late at night. We did Priceline.com, and put in $50. We have a room at the Sheraton on the beach. I went under the hotel website and tried to book the same room, and got $150! You might want to try that if you end up having to stay a night!

Terry

Archived