Ft. Lauderdale/Enchantment????

To answer a question, Riverwalk is in the downtown Ft. Lauderdale area. It has some clubs, and 2nd street (I think), right around the corner from Riverwalk, has more clubs/bars. All of this is no more than 20 minutes from the port/airport. Any cab driver should know where it is. If not, get another cab. ;)

Putting things in perspective, Beachplace on Ft. Lauderdale beach (which has Howl at the Moon, Sloppy Joe's, etc) is on A1A a couple blocks north of Las Olas Blvd. That's as far east as you can get.

Heading west on Las Olas, you'll run into those trendy shops/restaurants.

Keep going west on Las Olas, and you'll run smack into Riverwalk/Riverfront (people call it by both names). I think you could hit all of these spots in one long night. :p

CallieS: too funny!! Hit all those spots in one night!!! I hope I don't have that much time on my hands!!!:p

tw67: awesomw idea, and how lucky were you!!! I will give it a shot when the time comes, thanks for the heads up!!!

Will there be enough "taxi's" to get us back if we go 20 min. away!!! 20 min.s where I live you end up in another town, kind of scares me!! I want to make sure I don't have to walk 5 miles to hail a cab, and late at night are there plenty around or do they melt away as "the night" ends???

Thanks so much everyone for all your help!!! I am feeling more at ease!!!!

Sanditoes -

20 minutes down here is nothing. I'm not sure if you'll ever leave Fort Lauderdale's city limits (but don't quote me). One city runs right into another - you'll never notice the difference. The whole Beachplace/Las Olas/Riverfront area is really the heart of Ft. Lauderdale, so there are taxis all over the place. If the availability starts to thin out late at night, they are a short phone call away. Anybody at a bar will be able to call one for you.

And I'm serious...if you really put you mind to it, you can visit all of these places in one night. Mind you, you can't spend hours at each spot.:D

Archived