Crown Princess Incident

Nliedel

Thank you for posting.

Take care all of you, and we wish you safe trip home, whether on the ship or off of it.

Port canaveral webcam - down left side of page - seems currently to be a grainy closeup of a ship - perhaps the Crown?? I'm not sure.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/multimedia/webcam.htm

I called my husband at work who is a mechanical engineer, he said it could possibly be a malfunction of the stabilizer. I wish I knew what I was talking about! I'm very upset, this ship is a beauty, and so many people were injured.

Thank you for posting.

Take care all of you, and we wish you safe trip home, whether on the ship or off of it.

Port canaveral webcam - down left side of page - seems currently to be a grainy closeup of a ship - perhaps the Crown?? I'm not sure.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/multimedia/webcam.htm

That is definitely a Princess ship.

I am so sorry to hear about this and I imagine it was a terrifying experience. I hope everyone will be OK.

I don't know what I can do but I live in east Orlando only about 45 minutes from the port if you need anything let me know and I will come out to help you or others.

There is still nothing on the local news about the incident.

Reading what you describe happened to you all reminded me of a recent 7/11 NY Times article on Rogue Waves. Makes me wonder.....

Bernadette

get home safely...

Here is the link to the article...registration to read it is free

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/11/science/11wave.html?ex=1153368000&en=22fe9d08cc6181aa&ei=5070

Rogue Giants at Sea

"Then, off the coast of Georgia, early on Saturday, April 16, 2005, a giant, seven-story wave appeared out of nowhere. It crashed into the bow, sent deck chairs flying, smashed windows, raced as high as the 10th deck, flooded 62 cabins, injured 4 passengers and sowed widespread fear and panic."

I called my husband at work who is a mechanical engineer, he said it could possibly be a malfunction of the stabilizer. I wish I knew what I was talking about! I'm very upset, this ship is a beauty, and so many people were injured.

About an hour before it happened, the captain said we were going into rough waters and that they turned the stabilizer on so it could be.

They said the steering mechanism locked though.

We will be in port in abuot 5 minutes they said and they have ambulances waiting for those seriously injured, and believe me there are quite a few. I had typed an account of the worst injury I have heard of a little girl but just erased it as it is too sad and gross, let's just say we all need to pray for this little girl who NEEDS to be in a hospital in the next 5 minutes.

Ok on the news now. They say that a wave hit the ship and broke a rutter. The ship is due into port momentarily. Unknown number of injuries onboard.

News crews on the way. I will post as it comes on the air.

The news station is wkmg

Just spoke to my TA - they got a call from one of their clients on the ship now - they said the ship tipped to a 30 degree angle....

Watching CNN on TV and cnn.COM - I must have missed the news story

That's absolutely terrible - I hope they are able to get everyone who needs medical attention off as quickly as possible, and I hope that everyone is OK. Whatever the problem was, I hope they are able to determine and correct it to ensure something like this never happens again.

Archived