Passport?

Katy P.

When you dock at Baltic Ports - (Copenhagen, Tallinn, Stockhom, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Warnemunde) - and leave the ship, do you pass through customs(?) at every port? Do you show your passport each time? I understand that you need your passport when you dock at St Petersburg and that you need your Ship ID with you whenever you leave your ship. I was thinking of leaving my passport at the safe aboard the ship. I appreciate any info. Thanks.:)

We were on the Dream 28th June Baltic Cruise and the only place you needed your passport was Dover and St Petersburg. At Dover they will take a copy of the photo page in your passport which you need to hand over to customs in St Petersburg the first time you leave the ship after that they only check your passport and put a small red card inside which is the group visa. Do not lose this card.

We always carry our passports but I keep copies in the cabin safe - it proved a point when we 2 passengers were nearly left at the quayside in Copenhagen - we were watching from our balcony - the aft ropes had been released and they were about to release the other ropes but the captain decided to re-dock the ship and they were allowed on board. They thought the ship left an hour later and they only made it because one of the NCL excursions was about 10 mins late in returning so the ship was about 15 mins late leaving otherwise they would have been left there - a real problem if you have left your passport in the cabin!

Sue G

Archived