Constellation Room 8146

SF

I noticed that the balcony on this cabin extends out differently than the others. Can anyone tell me is this balcony bigger than the other 2A's or is this a disadvantage.

Any info on this cabin and the balcony would be appreciated. We have to decide real soon and they're not any other triple's left.

Thanks.

Now that I know it is a bigger balcony is the view good? If you had a choice between a cabin more midship and this one more aft with the bigger balcony which would you choose?

Well, I suppose I would take 8146 over a "regular" midship balcony cabin. Being near the aft elevator/stairs has it's advantages....easy access to main dining rooms on decks 4 & 5 and buffet area and aft patio/bar on deck 10. Also the theater on deck 3 and Rendez-vous Lounge on deck 4 and Martini/Champaign Bars on deck 5.

Now, the view, as I said is slightly restricted to the aft due to the shape of the patio. You would need to stand next to the rail at the place where it meets the next cabin to the rear to have a full view aft along the side of the ship. That said, you usually will have seen that as you passed if the ship is moving.

I suggest you do a search for cabin 8146 M-class or a particular ship such as Millenium, Summit, Constellation or Infinity and look for pictures. That would help you see the layout.

CaliforniaDreamin thanks for your help and explanation. I'd love to see a picture of that balcony but I've already done a search and came up with nothing. Would someone have a link to a picture? If so, please post it here.

Also, is there more vibration in that location?

i had this cabin in march...im not sure how to explain it(kinda weird) but here goes: the balcony is not a long rectangle....its angled so the right side extends out more than the left side.

if the left side is 3 feet from door to railing then i'd say it gradually gets wider as you go to the right side and maybe 4 feet wide (these dimensions are certainly not accurate in numbers but only used as an example)

i really liked the location...found no extra vibration..and access to a quick buffet breakfast was awesome!

if this confuses you sorry :)

*sweet*

We had this cabin on the Millennium and loved it. My son had the cabin directly below, 7080, also a nice cabin though a bit smaller.

Actually there was LESS wind while cruising, which was one of the reasons we really loved it. We could sit on the balcony while the ship was moving and didn't get blown around. is a little bigger and we never felt the view suffered, in fact it seemed more like an aft cabin than a side cabin. I would request this cabin if ever we get on a M Class ship again. And the CC was wonderful, too!

Here are some pictures of this cabin on the Infinity, which are identical:

Infinity1.jpg

Infinity2.jpg

Desertbelle:

I've been searching for pictures of these type balconies but with no luck so thanks for posting them. It's greatly appreciated. Glad to hear you enjoyed the cabin as this is the only one left with an upper berth. Do you remember if that upper bunk when opened comes down over the bed or is it located in another spot? That cabin on Constellation isn't a CC catergory but a 1A. Was it a CC when you booked? Thanks again for your help.:)

sweetair:

Thanks also for trying to describe the balcony. You did a good job!:)

We had this cabin on the Millennium and loved it. My son had the cabin directly below, 7080, also a nice cabin though a bit smaller.

Actually there was LESS wind while cruising, which was one of the reasons we really loved it. We could sit on the balcony while the ship was moving and didn't get blown around. is a little bigger and we never felt the view suffered, in fact it seemed more like an aft cabin than a side cabin. I would request this cabin if ever we get on a M Class ship again. And the CC was wonderful, too!

Infinity1.jpg

Infinity2.jpg

Margie..

Thanks for posting these photos. :)

Next March we have a B2B, eastern Caribbean and,

a T/A set up already. We have this cabin #8045 on

the port side of the ship..which is across from the one your son

stayed in...since we will be on the ship for about 22 days,

we are thrilled with this cabin....:D

Thanks for the pics., and, info. ;)

• 5 years later...

Thank you sooooo much for posting these photos, we have booked cabin # 8146 on Infinity for our 2nd cruise & I have been searching everywhere to see what the odd shaped balcony would look like :D:D

Don't suppose you would have any photos of inside???

Would be great if there was a section just for cabin photos? (maybe there is but I can't find it :o) Seems this is important to a lot of people when booking a cruise...

Once again, many thanks,

R&R

This appears to be one of those apples and oranges threads, with some talking about stateroom 8146 but others 8046.

Bestmom1 commented on stateroom 8146 in post #66 on the favorite hotel director thread

favorite hotel director? - Page 4 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Looks like she had it for the Transatlantic in November. Maybe someone who was in it more recently will post a different opinion.

Archived