Please help!

Hello...I am not EXTREMELY familiar with this whole post thing so i hope i'm doing it right!!! My family are leaving for a cruise on the Amsterdam in just a few weeks...they are ALL picky eaters and like to know what to expect. In the past I have seen a few dining menus from certain HAL ships but I cannot seem to find them now.....too many darn posts!! :-) So it would be GREAT if anyone could direct me to some sites which display some of these menus! Sorry if you all have seen this post too many times! Any help would be great.Thanks!

There are usually six or seven main dishes at each supper, plus the Lido buffet. But on a cruise, one of the delights is ...ta-da... trying something new! Be picky at home; I was when I was a little kid. But on a ship, try things that they've never done before; they just might like them! It's a time to experiment, to go relatively wild, to eat that broccoli, try that eggbeater frittata, to sip the enchalada soup.

In addition to all the entree choices, each evening there is a choice for appetizers, salads, soups and desserts. It is hard to imagine that from all of the choices in all the categories that everyone cannot find enough food that is to their taste. Finding enough to eat on a cruise is one thing you need not stress about IMO

I also have been thinking the same. We don't eat Lobster, Shimp, Crab etc. etc.So just the curiosity of wondering what else there might be?? I know there will probably be a steak. but I just wanted to let you know I have thought about the same thing.:)

I am allergic to all shell fish but it doesn't matter to me because there are many other entrees from which to choose,such as Beef Wellington,Filet Mignon,Rack of Lamb,Roast Duck or Turkey and naturally,lots of different steak dishes.

I always mention it to my dining room stewards that I have allergies and they always remember and are very careful.

BTW if you have a peanut allergy as well,like I do,stay away from the Indonesian food because 9 times out of 10,the food will have been cooked in peanut oil............

Bon Appetit!

Terri;)

PS.I tried posting this earlier but it disappeared into space...........

Remember that you can order multiple items from any menu. So, if the entrees are not something you are sure you will like, you can order two soups or two appetizers. There is always the option of adding a baked potato to any dinner as well to fill up on if you don't care for your entree. My daughter is very picky about meat (eats very little of it), but by the time she had the appetizer, salad, soup, a bit of an entree and dessert she was stuffed. She was willing to try some entrees she never would have tried otherwise because she knew it was "free" and there was lots of other food to eat if she didn't like it. Some she liked, some she didn't, but she never complained about being hungry.

Seems to me there was always chicken. Can't go wrong with that, unless you are a vegetarian or a vegan. Each evening, there were a couple of standard down-home items.

Archived