CruiseCare Insurance documents?

Hi All,

About 20 of us are sailing on NOS on 8.12.06. Just about everyone purchased the travel insurance through CruiseCare with it being hurricane season and all. We received our cruise docs in the mail last week, but I was expecting to see some sort insurance contract or paperwork. Am I wrong? As far as I can tell from the docs, there's no mention of any insurance. Can anyone out there who's purchased the insurance before tell me how this is supposed to work? I'd appreciate it! :confused:

Thanks!!

We have always purchased cruisecare too. I do not remember receiving a big policy, I think I remember some small paragraphs referring to it in the document book. Basically, if you see the insurance reflected on your bill then you have paid it. If you go to Royal Caribbean website there is a copy of the information http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/RCICruiseCare.pdf

Hope this helps.

The same thing happened to us last October. Our cruise contract booklet didn't have the insurance information in it. I also downloaded the pdf file so I would be familiar with the coverage, and I checked with my TA to make sure the coverage had been paid.

Everything was fine without the policy docs, AND we had to use the insurance!!!! They paid the maximum allowed on the policy for our interruption going home from Barcelona.

Buggy - do you mean you purchased insurance that is NOT provided by Royal Caribbean, but is from another insurance company? In which case, it won't be in the RCCL book and the link I gave you won't be your policy. I would go and ask the travel agent to give you a copy of the policy (just in case).

is the insurer of cruise line policies. We ha them with a Princess policy that stated we got double coverage for free because we were Platinum emembers. We had a blizzard, airport closed, all flights cancelled & they refused to pay a thing since it was an ACT OF GOD.

So never again, we take CSA got $55.50 PP per week.

Buggy - do you mean you purchased insurance that is NOT provided by Royal Caribbean, but is from another insurance company? In which case, it won't be in the RCCL book and the link I gave you won't be your policy. I would go and ask the travel agent to give you a copy of the policy (just in case).

Since we didn't book directly with RCCL, we had to send $ to our TA. She was then supposed to send one check in to the insurance company for our coverage. I got the name of the insurance company from RCCL; but they told me that only my TA could book it for us. Since it was an ins co that RCCL works with, I was expecting to see some sort of documentation with our cruise docs.

CSA is a large travel insurance company. The procedure described to you is standard for CruiseCare. Just ask your TA.

The difference in CruiseCare is they give you a 75% credit toward another cruise on RCCL if it's cancelled. This is the difference from other policies, which don't pay due to weather, as MACOP said above. It's a good choice during hurricane season, IMO.

We were paid for our delay out of Barcelona, and other pax on our ship did not get paid on a few other policies.

Archived