NCL Star ???'s

mattR

Mandara Spa the lap pool, a whirlpool and a special hydrotherapy pool, steam and sauna is there a charge to use these?

Also heard there were horse shoes onboard is this true?

I never saw horseshoes - doesn't mean there weren't any, but they'd have to hide 'em pretty good. They have shuffleboard and table tennis, but I don't think they have horseshoes unless they've added them in the past few months.

In December the use of the lap pool, etc., in the Spa was free, however, I have been reading in these message boards and other reviews that they are charging for them now - something like $15 a day or $60 per week unless you are getting a spa treatment.

• 3 weeks later...
Some more questions??.

What is the Kids crew dinner?

What is the murder mystery dinner?

Can't help you with the Kids Crew dinner, but I did participate in the Murder Mystery Dinner back on the Spirit in February. I thought it was loads of fun. There was no problem at all accommodating the number of people who wanted to participate. The sign-up announcement in the Freestyle Daily indicated that there would be a limit of 96 participants (adults only). Well, we ended up with only 32 (4 groups of 8). Each member of a group is assigned to one of eight characters, all of whom are suspects in the onboard murder of the Captain. Each character is given a barebones script that is tailored to his character. The script is meant to provide guidelines as to the character's background along with hints about potential dialogue. Other than that, the conversations among the eight characters are improvisational, conducted during dinner in one of the main dining rooms. We were told that it might be a good idea to "perform" each of the four scenes as each of the four dinner courses was served (appetizer, soup/salad, entree, dessert). Following dinner, all of the groups convened in the Stardust Theater to find out who the murderer was.

If you have kids on the cruise dose that mean you can't participate or can they still eat with you and just not be assigned a character?

The MMD is limited to adults only because of the slightly mature content of the "script". Depending on the participants, it would probably be borderline "R" material. So, my assumption is that kids aren't permitted at the table since that would expose them to the same mature content as being actual participants. If you really want to participate, your kids would probably have to eat elsewhere.

What time do they run the murder mystery party? If its between 6-8 then anyone with younger children would not be able to participate then right?

I see from another thread that the murder mystery starts at 5pm. We have a 9 and 4 year old. How can we participate in this?

Archived