San Francisco

burtie

Around $20 pp for the shuttle plus tips. Getting a shuttle from the Airport to Pier is not a problem but allow for some wait time at the Airport both for the shuttle to arrive and for it to get full and also the time for the shuttle to drop other pax at hotels on the way. Cab fare will depend on congestion on the Bay Bridge -- my guess is about $60. Make sure that the cab agrees to what will be shown on the meter and also ask the cab coordinator at the airport who hails the cabs. Some cabs will try to tell you that SF is out of town and they can double the fare. We dont often use the Oakland Airport -- so some other regulars may wish to give their inputs./Sultan

The one I see most often:

http://www.bayporter.com/rates7.htm

You may also google: bay airporter

There is no need to book in advance for airport to sf pier. The shuttle coordinator at the shuttle pick up will get you to the right shuttle. Even though the shuttle has posted rates, BEFORE you enter the shuttle ask the shuttle driver: How Much to Pier 35?

/sultan

What is the name of the shuttle service used between the San Francisco pier and either Oakland Airport or San Jose Airport. Is there more than one company. Thanks!

From SFO, it is easier to get to the Pier.

Supershuttle (link below) has the most number of vans and can be boarded without pre-booking at the center median (follow the signs at the Airport Terminal Baggage Area).

I generally mention a higher cab fare that others will mention on this board -- around $60 to the Pier and say $45 to $50 to downtown hotels (including tips and recent add-ons for fuel surcharge). Be observant that they have the meter turned on after the cab starts moving. (No need to ask them to do so unless you have gone about half a mile without it being turned on). We use cabs a lot from the airport and have not had any problems.

Link for Supershuttle:

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/sfo.htm#Sample

/Sultan

I will be flying into SFO in September. I wasn't going to prebook at limo/taxi or shuttle to the hotel in downtown SF. Should I? About how much would a taxi be?

Thanks for the info Sultan. I will only need the suttle one way - pier to airport - cruise doesn't start in SFO only end there. Haven't decided on which airport yet but probably it will be Oakland as times are better heaiding back to AL.

Tina/Ken:

Airport to Pier is easy. Pier to Airport can be tricky because of the variation in disembarkation time. So no matter what mode you choose, do not keep a tight schedule for the flight departure. As one gets out of the Pier, one is immediately on the sidewalk of six lane (three in each direction) Embarcadero Road which has heavy traffic.The police cordon off one lane for pier traffic. The cabs line up along the curb. It is more confusing where the shuttle will wait because there are Princess buses also lined up a little beyond where the cab line starts. You may have to use a cell phone, if as you emerge from the inside of Pier to the Embarcadero Road, you are not able to see the shuttle. If you do not bring your cell phone, you will just have to hope that the shuttle will show up in a reasonable time and if it does not show up you may have to take a cab. /Sultan

Tina/Ken:

Airport to Pier is easy. Pier to Airport can be tricky because of the variation in disembarkation time. So no matter what mode you choose, do not keep a tight schedule for the flight departure. As one gets out of the Pier, one is immediately on the sidewalk of six lane (three in each direction) Embarcadero Road which has heavy traffic.The police cordon off one lane for pier traffic. The cabs line up along the curb. It is more confusing where the shuttle will wait because there are Princess buses also lined up a little beyond where the cab line starts. You may have to use a cell phone, if as you emerge from the inside of Pier to the Embarcadero Road, you are not able to see the shuttle. If you do not bring your cell phone, you will just have to hope that the shuttle will show up in a reasonable time and if it does not show up you may have to take a cab. /Sultan

Hi Sultan_SFO -

Friendly interjection from a fellow local (because I know you know!) --

For those of you outside SF who might be reading maps, referring to online maps, or otherwise googling:

The road/boulevard/street/etc at the SF Cruise Terminal is actually called "The Embarcadero".

The main Port of San Francisco Cruise Terminal location is officially " Pier 35, The Embarcadero " ).

[ The only reason I'm making the distinction:

There's a major "Embarcadero Road" exit in Palo Alto just off Highway 101; we don't want you SF cruisers to mistakenly confuse a driver who heads to Palo Alto (although beautiful) when you really want them to get to the SF Cruise Terminal! (It really could happen!) ]

Thanks, RSS

Hi RSS

Would you have the correct zip code for Pier 35 The Embarcadero. I found both 94111 and 94133. One shuttle said 94111. I have contacted both Supershuttle and Lorrie's Shuttle and they asked for the address and zip code before giveing an accurate cost. I need a shuttle from the pier to the Oakland airport.

Would you have the correct zip code for Pier 35 The Embarcadero. I found both 94111 and 94133. One shuttle said 94111. I have contacted both Supershuttle and Lorrie's Shuttle and they asked for the address and zip code before giveing an accurate cost. I need a shuttle from the pier to the Oakland airport.
The correct zip code would be 94111 --

94111 includes most of the piers from the Bay Bridge north to Pier 43 (and looking at the following map -- parts of Piers 43 1/2 and 45):

http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/MapZip.asp?zip=94111

http://www.destinationoceans.com/port_directions.asp?pageid=237&portid=20

94133 is really just across the street, though; includes most of North Beach:

http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/MapZip.asp?zip=94133

94111's boundaries (to the east and south) are closer to the Oakland airport.

Thanks so much RSS from SF. I would have thought if you said Pier 35 where Princess cruise line comes in the shuttle service would know where it was but there was even confusion over the name "The Embarcadero". With the exact zip code I should be good to go.

Hello Tina and Ken. We were with you on that great adventure in Belize on the Grand Princess. Remember.... I lost a bunch of pictures from my camera. Email me at bishop35@swbell.com. I might discuss with you about paying you to get a copy of your pictures of the Altun Ha ruins.

Happy Cruising:)

Archived