Suites on the Glory, or suites in general

Mamanance

I was THINKING about getting a suite on the Glory, but Carnival offers NO PERKS, whatsoever for the price. Just wondering if anyone has had one and if they think it is even worth it to pay the extra? I've had them on Holland America and they treat you like a king and queen, all kinds of extras. So at least if you pay for it, you get something. I'm sailing soon, so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. I've been on the Glory before when she was brand new. This is second time around. Hubby's 65th birthday so I wanted to do something special, since he has had two recent brushes with death. He needs to celebrate life.

we had looked to book penthouse suite for our trip on Glory next week, but we quickly changed our minds when we saw the tour of it.

You cannot compare the Carnival suites to the other ships. A carnival suite just means it has a table and a L shaped sofa. You're better off saving moiney and just getting a nice balcony suite =).

now if you go on another other ship ( i saw the one's on celebrity and Freedom of the seas) those are nice suites.

A Suite gets you Skipper's Club/VIP which means you get priority boarding. I like the suites for the room and closet space. I would ask how much do you pay for those "perks" you get on other lines? My guess is the suite is more expensive to begin with, right?

We were on the Glory in April and had a suite and enjoyed it very much. I look at it like this, there is more room and space which to me increases my comfort level. The balcony is much bigger and I spend a good deal of time sitting and enjoying the sea. I fly first class for the same reason! I only get to vacation a couple of times a year and when I do I want to go first class. I don't think that you get any different treatment because you are booked in a suite with the exception of getting on and off the ship early. The cruise staff takes good care of everyone in my opinion. So if you think you will enjoy the extra room by all means go for it.

We just booked a suite on the Valor. We've had suites before on other lines, and frankly, I have booked this suite for the space and the bathroom rather than the perks. Perks are certainly nice to have, but that's not the driving factor for us. We are traveling with our two young daughters (4 and 2), and to have extra space in the stateroom along with a bathtub is essential to us.

Guest YesitDonna

I too have thought about a suite but then like someone else posted.. it seams like it just has a little more space and an L couch with bigger balcony. Instead we have opted for balcany cabins with the extended balcony... this way we still get the bigger balcony and use the extra money on more fun things to do or buy. Like maybe another CRUISE! LOL

In Our Cruise History--My DH and I have Booked 3 Suites on the GLORY, DESTINY and PRIDE--and soon we've Reserved a Suite on the LIBERTY. I Highly Recommend a Suite--Mainly, like someone earlier said Your COMFORT LEVEL/SPACE--I Enjoy a Separate Changing Room/Make Up Mirror area between the Bathroom and the Bedroom, Closets, etc. I Like my Space! The Liberty is a Long 13 Day Cruise of the Mediterranean--So DH and I will Enjoy the Extra Room! I say--GO FOR IT!!!!!!

CHEERS!

Julie

We just returned from Triumph. We had a Cat 11 suite, and as others have said it was a good choice for no other reason than the additional space. The only 'percs' are getting on and getting off...beyond that VIP is meaningless on Carnival.

Just let me say that travelling on a ship with 2-3000 people on it is crowded and noisy and busy...having a nice suite as a refuge from the manic of the ship is SOOOOOOO NICE!

The Cat 11 and 12 suites on the Triumph were not as big or 'luxe' as one finds on Oceania or HAL...but they are nice and worth the increased cost.

Tom and Deb:)

You are correct in saying that Carnival offers no perks in the Cat 11-12 Suites other than priority boarding and debarkation. For some of us, this means very little. I live just a few hours from Port Canaveral so it suits me just fine to be the LAST person off the ship! Who wants a cruise to end. The other argument you constantly hear is, how much time do I spend in my stateroom? Some folks are perfectly happy cruising in an inside cabin and could care less about space, or lack of it. On the other hand, if you like to get away from the crowds, there is nothing better than the Cat 11-12s with their larger balcony and more space in the room to move about. My opinion only! I say go for it and get the suite.:)

we also only live about an hour and a half away. Up near Daytona. I absolutely love sailing out of Port. Can. So easy. We are sailing on Aug. 26 and I'm thinking that school will still be out. And lots of families on board. Which is WONDERFUL, get the kids hooked early. But maybe I should get the suite so he can relax. I love the big balcony if they have decent chairs. The problem is my TA told me not to waste my money and I was all set last week to book the suite. That's why I'm asking. I love to sit out there and have my cocktails and read when he snores. :D

Archived