port canaveral excursions

madalex

Has anyone everyone gone to Disney when docked at Port Canaveral? It looks like we will only be there 10 hours and it will take 2 hours in transportation not to mention the time to get off and back on to the ship. I am considering Disney or Seaworld...thoughts suggestions?

I have not done Disney World as an excursion & would not attempt this. It is too expensive and too much to do in such a short time. It takes more than one day to see it & ride most of the rides, and that's getting there early, having a plan of attack & staying till they close.

Sea World is somewhat less expensive and can be seen in less than a full day, although I still think your time there is too limited, considering the travel time.

If it was me, I would probably go to the space center or one of the beaches. There's a beautiful white sand beach at New Smyrna. You used to be able to drive on the beach, but I'm not sure if you still can.

We were in Port Canaveral for a day in the fall and pre-arranged a rental car and took a drive north of the Space Centre to Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. Very beautiful with an interesting and informative visitor's centre. You can drive or hike around and see lots of local wildlife including shore and wading birds, alligators and mannatees. You can also access some very nice beaches - entirely self-guided and plenty of time to do in the day.

• 1 month later...

A lot would depend on when you are going. We went a coupld of years ago during school vacation week - never again. We figured it would be a cheap excursion since we already had left over tickets (in the days before expiration dates) so we were only getting the transfers. The place was mobbed. When you have only a few hours there you don't have the time to wait 2 1/2 hours for a ride. We ended up riding on Its a Small World several times because it only had a 20 minute wait. I took a picture from the train station facing the castle Main Street was nothing but wall to wall people.

This year we are thinking of the Sea World excursion - I hope it isn't as crowded as Disney during school vacation week.

Archived