Need Help From Celebrity Experts!!!

RatherBCrusin

We have recently taken our first cruise on the Celebrity Galaxay and had a few disasters. We discussed them with the Hotel Manager virtually every day, but did not seem to make any headway. We are veterans of quite a few cruises and know when we are being treated unfairly.

If anyone has an email address, address, fax, phone or other of someone at Celebrity who cares and can "make things happen", we would appreciate a response here. Thanks again!

Hotel manager: Philip Herbert?

I am not a fan of Galaxy. Good luck, but all the way up the chain of command the ear wax is thicker and firmly in place.

Celebrity Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL

800-256-6649

Hi,

We sailed Galaxy 3 times and had problem-free cruises but it was several years ago. Just came off of Mercury and had a wonderful cruise. Always suggest that you get to know the CD, Captain's Club Host and cruise sales manager early in the cruise and not just to complain. If problems occur, I always email or, preferably, mail letters to multiple people in executive positions from Customer Services to the CEO. Start with positive statements and state your concerns/disasters unemotionally and in clear terms. A tip I give my students is "write so that the reader will feel like he was there experiencing what you experienced". Say thank you and indicate that you are sure that the problem will be remedied. Good luck!!

This is our 1'st Celebrity cruise. We have had 2 previous fantastis RCI cruises to Hawaii and Caribeean, so I was a bit leery of Celebrity based on your experience, however thank you for the feedback.

Cheers,

Bruce & Judy

Ottawa Canada

Cheese06: We, too, will be on the Galaxy for the 8/25 sailing and have also been concerned with some of the negative comments I've been reading lately. But, we were on the Galaxy in 1999 for a trip to Alaska, and had a WONDERFUL experience at that time. I believe the trip is what you make of it, and I am excitedly looking forward to having another wonderful trip on Galaxy. I know the ship is getting older and needs some "sprucing up", but I'm sure we will be having a great time in the Med. Let's just keep an optimistic attitude and not create problems where there may be none. See you on board!:)

Cheese...not to worry. There are certain folks who for whatever reaon have decided they don't like X and never will. Often times you can get real discouraged by reading their incessant whining. Often the root cause of their dissatisfaction doesn't lie with X but with some other aspect of the trip. Now having said that, there are those with legitimate compaints, but normally those are posted and the poster moves on.

We were oringinally scheduled on the June 2 Galaxy but had to reshcedule. Many of our group (all veteran cruisers) returned with glowing reoports about the trip and the Ship.

I think you will be fine!

We have recently taken our first cruise on the Celebrity Galaxay and had a few disasters. We discussed them with the Hotel Manager virtually every day, but did not seem to make any headway. We are veterans of quite a few cruises and know when we are being treated unfairly.

If anyone has an email address, address, fax, phone or other of someone at Celebrity who cares and can "make things happen", we would appreciate a response here. Thanks again!

What could be considered a disaster?

We are booked on the Galaxy leaving Aug 25'th. Can you please let us know what problems you had with the ship and management.

Quite simply the mattresses are all horrible and management refused to do anything about it for us after complaining daily all the way to the top. They are supposed to replace them all soon - not sure exactly when. If you can sleep on a pull out sofa then you should be quite comfortable on this bed as they feel about the same!!! Don't let these posters tell you that an egg crate addition helped things - they do not. If you strip the bed down you will find that they are nothing more than an army cot with a very thin mattress. This was in one of their better rooms as well.

Quite simply the mattresses are all horrible and management refused to do anything about it for us after complaining daily all the way to the top. They are supposed to replace them all soon - not sure exactly when. If you can sleep on a pull out sofa then you should be quite comfortable on this bed as they feel about the same!!! Don't let these posters tell you that an egg crate addition helped things - they do not. If you strip the bed down you will find that they are nothing more than an army cot with a very thin mattress. This was in one of their better rooms as well.

Were you and the OP on the same cruise? Am I missing something or do we not yet know what went wrong (disasters) on that cruise? My DH's parents are getting ready to book on the Galaxy and am just interested what happened. If by disaster they mean that they feel the food wasn't good I am not concerned but if it was a service related issue or hygenic then I would be. Not to imply that food cannot be a disaster it is just people care more about different things and we only have 1/2 (if that) of the information....

Were you and the OP on the same cruise?

I was on 11/24/2005 - Galveston to Panama Canal. I have no idea what cruise the OP was on.

For me comfortable bedding makes or breaks a cruise and Galaxy has the worst I have ever slept on (maybe summer camp was a little worse - but not by much). To me when ship management could care less about the situation it could be considered a disaster. We wrote several letters upon our return and Celebrity never even had the courtesy to respond to one of them.

To Seabee - We met up with people from a Galaxy cruise in both Mykonnos and Santorini in June (probably the cruise following the one from June 2) and they had the same comment as us that the beds were the worst. They also indicated at Tender ports that the lines were horrendous to both get on and off the ship.

We sailed Galaxy from Galveston May 6th to June 2nd. On the 2nd day out, we requested and were given the "egg crate" covers. The springs until then dug into my back nightly. The cover solved the problem to our satisfaction. We were told by the hotel manager that the beds would be replaced by August 2nd. Except for very tall people, the new beds are wonderful according to most cruisers who have reported from Century.

We met up with people from a Galaxy cruise in both Mykonnos and Santorini in June (probably the cruise following the one from June 2) and they had the same comment as us that the beds were the worst. They also indicated at Tender ports that the lines were horrendous to both get on and off the ship.

Well, I was on Galaxy on June 2nd sailing, and I have to say that I didn't have any problem whatever with the beds.

Nor do I remember any horrendous lines during Tendering, although to be fair we only had two tender ports - Santorini, where we were on an excursion & got off pretty early, and Cannes, where we stayed on board until late morning. At Mykonos, which I think was supposed to be a tender port, we docked having charged across the Ionian & Aegean seas the previous night.

Why is everybody having a go at Galaxy? She's not shiny'n'new, but I found her very comfortable....

I am a bit concerned now as well. I leave in two months for 11 days in the Med on the Galaxy. This is my first cruise so I want it to be a good one. I sure do hope they replace the mattressed befored then:confused: .

So the management wasn't sympathetic?

We had some trouble with Celebrity and the port agents and lost luggage and missed flights and no communication and on and on... Still need any email, phone #s or contacts if you have them! Thanks!

Can you tell your story so I may be better able to direct you?

Archived