What to pack- last week in August??

Sheebah

ENJOY your trip Sheebah, sounds great! I'll be heading up to Cape Cod 1 week from this Wednesday and I'm chomping at the bit to get away from here...we're all soggy with monsoon rains lately. Gimme cool nights to snuggle and dry days!! Of course my honey and I will probably be cold but it will be a wonderful change right about now!

Kathy

Hi to all my fellow New Englanders...aaayuh, gonna be awesome to be back home:)

ENJOY your trip Sheebah, sounds great! I'll be heading up to Cape Cod 1 week from this Wednesday and I'm chomping at the bit to get away from here...we're all soggy with monsoon rains lately. Gimme cool nights to snuggle and dry days!! Of course my honey and I will probably be cold but it will be a wonderful change right about now!

Kathy

Hey Bound!

Thanks for the bon voyage. Have a wonderful trip yourself. I'll hope for low humidity and dry, dry days for you!

Thanks Wog! You've become our resident "weather man".

hehehe you're welcome. I will do my best.

I strongly recommend a sweater/sweatshirt. It was really chilly last night while sleeping, but it was welcomed.

Kathy

Well almost welcome home. You will love the weather right now.

Yep, too lazy to turn off the fan last night and was freezing this morning. Highs in the upper 60s the end of this week. Fall is coming. BTW, I am beginning to notice some color in a few trees this week up here in coastal Northern New England.

Hey Wog, rough weekend, eh. At least the other sport is coming.

Yep, too lazy to turn off the fan last night and was freezing this morning. Highs in the upper 60s the end of this week. Fall is coming. BTW, I am beginning to notice some color in a few trees this week up here in coastal Northern New England.

Hey Wog, rough weekend, eh. At least the other sport is coming.

Very rough. I was going to mention not to bother watching them, but I figured I would suffer in silence. Brady looked pretty good the other night. Maybe he can come in and pitch a solid 8 innings for them?

Brady would be an improvement over 80% of the rest of the pitching staff. I wonder if he can hit with bases loaded. I also tried not to watch, but I guess I'm drawn to train wrecks. Unfortunately we did not get the Pat's game up here on due to strict market restrictions or something. BTW, did you see where Big Papi was given the 41 lobsters. The guy who presented them to him, who was not our governor, is someone I used to work with at the local technical college. It was pretty cool seeing that.

No rain up here (yet) - but it was beautiful this morning when I left for work it was 45 degrees and total fog - I drive north and along the river - it is beautiful and peaceful - by 8:00 am it was 47. Today it should be in the high 60's - fall is coming very quickly. Jan

No rain up here (yet) - but it was beautiful this morning when I left for work it was 45 degrees and total fog - I drive north and along the river - it is beautiful and peaceful - by 8:00 am it was 47. Today it should be in the high 60's - fall is coming very quickly. Jan

We were just saying that it feels like Mid-September in mid-to end of August. Quite a change. Has the rain reached you tet? Its coming.

Yep, a bit on the chilly side here in Southern Maine this morning with clouds, a light drizzle and temps in the lower 50s. The temp hadn't reached 60 by 10AM and it has that fall feeling in the air this afternoon. Based on the 10 day forcast, I would almost say it's safe to put the air conditioners away. Wait, the minute I do that we'll get a heat wave.

Wog, good game last night. Still won't get my hopes up for post season. Also Pats have given Branch permission to seek trade. What is going on here in New England sports?

No rain here today - and none expected until Monday - which is wonderful as I really want to play in my flower garden. I'm going to keep the air conditioners in the windows until around September 15th - just in case -

I haven't kept up this year on baseball - it is too depressing. Have a great weekend. Jan

BRrrrr cold today. im in sweatshirt and jeans. Thought about turning the heat on but decided on socks instead :( Turning the heat on for the first time is soooo hard. and its still August, i cant turn it on yet, thats against the rules!!

Love Maine - but sometimes it really is a pain when it decides to get cold early -

Aunu - you have the same rules, I too refuse to turn the heat on in August, it isn't fair!!! (I sound like my kids) -- more trees are starting to turn colors too. It should be up to 70 though the rest of the week (hopefully, maybe). Jan

I resisted too for economic reasons, namely 2 something a gallon in the summer. However, I did put the quilt on the bed. I refuse to give up on shorts because it's still August. For all of you that live away, it's only been in the low 60s and drizzly for two days. The good news is that the sun is coming with low 70 temps through the weekend. Nights will be chilly.

Don't tell anyone but it is because of this kind of weather that I love living in Maine. It's always changing, but never destructive. No major hurricanes, tornadoes or major floods in this area. The only time my cellar ever flooded was on a warm sunny Easter when the sanitary sewer clogged in front of my house backing it up. Lots of excitement for an Easter with public works an all in my yard.

One time a few years back i tried to make it until November 1st without turning the heat on.... didnt happen thats for sure!

I dont want to put the shorts away yet either. It was weird this year, it seems like the warm weather turned off like a light switch about 2-3 weeks ago. right in the middle of August! I love warm september days and cool nights. This really is my absolute favorite time of year! The air just smells nice, nice and crisp.

Apple season is right around the corner! I heard a thing on the news about it being a good year and about a week earlier than usual. I figured it would be a pretty good year for them, he had nice hot days with rain every few days it seemed. There was a time there where it seemed like it rained everynight around 5. Had some HUGE thunderstorms awhile back. One made me jump and scream it was so close. scared the crap outta me.

Looking forward to the weather the rest of the week

Took the fan outta the window about 2 weeks ago, i usually have it in at night.

Niki

• 4 weeks later...

Wog! I miss your weather wisdom.

The cruise was "fantastique" to say the least...weather was bizarre. Quite chilly in Canada, bloody hot in Bar Harbor and rainy in Quebec and Sydney...gorgeous in Halifax, and sorta cloudy in the other ports. We had a GREAT time. The weather varied greatly, but leaned toward cool.

When are you packing up for an adventure of your own?

Wog! I miss your weather wisdom.

The cruise was "fantastique" to say the least...weather was bizarre. Quite chilly in Canada, bloody hot in Bar Harbor and rainy in Quebec and Sydney...gorgeous in Halifax, and sorta cloudy in the other ports. We had a GREAT time. The weather varied greatly, but leaned toward cool.

When are you packing up for an adventure of your own?

We are getting ready to head south and visit the large mouse. DS9 and DW's first visit to Disney and my first in almost 30 years. EPCOT wasn't even built yet. Then we have to wait about a year before our next cruise on the Freedom of the Seas.

Glad you had some decent weather. It can be so hard to plan a trip here.

Archived