Packing First Aid Kit for Small Emergencies

Sandytoes

You’ve planned and packed – you’re all ready for your trip – What do you pack in your first-aid kit for any emergencies that may arise during your cruise?

Did I leave out anything?

Bandages

First aid antibacterial cream

Antibacterial hand sanitizer

aspirin or non-aspirin pain reliever

anti-nausea medication

anti-diarrhea medication

antacid tablets

antihistamine

seasickness remedy

zipper-top plastic bags or ice bag

Hydrocortisone cream

Calamine lotion

Insect repellant

Sunscreen

Are you allowed scissors?

Did I leave out anything?

It's really hard to find, but if you can try to find something called Burn Gel. Normally you find this in industrial first-aid kits where it is used for burns caused by fire. It also is fantastic on sunburn - it stops the chemical reaction in your skin that makes you feel hot.

I also carry a generic antihistamine such as Loratadine in case I run into a food allergy, which is usually the case because I go overboard on the seafood.

Your lists and the suggestions sound good to me.

If you want a second checklist, do a search of CC using the key words, "packing lists." There are several threads around with very complete packing lists.

Cruise Diva is one list that was sited. Here is the link:

http://***************/print.htm

Oh, did you have tweezers on your list? Splinters, eyebrows....

Guess the system bleeped out the address. (?) Oh, well, you can Google.

I was happy to have my little sewing kit - the sewing needle came in handy for popping blisters with all the walking we did! My scissors and/or nail clippers I keep in the outside section of my checked suitcase so I can cut the zipties off when the luggage arrives in our room.

I also bring butterfly bandaids, which really hold a gash together instead of just covering like a regular bandaid.

In my first aid kit I have:

Aspirin or Advil ( for aches or sprains)

Pepto bismal, gas x, and immodium (for all Gi issues)

Excedrin(only thing that gets rid of my headaches)

Vicks (great for stuffed noses)

cough drops (for sore throats)

dramine (in case of seasickness)

There are patches that create a warming sensation upon contact, can't remember the name (great for sore muscles)

Ace wraps I have a weak ankle and once managed to sprain it 3 times in one year all on vacation:(

Various sizes of bandages and butterfly bandages

Triple antibiotic ointment (for cuts and scrapes)

And then in my purse I carry:

travel sizes of excedrin, aspirin or advil, and immodium

bandages

triple antibiotic ointment

I know this seems slightly overboard, but 1. I'm a nurse and 2. I travel by myself. The ace wraps get put in after I had to walki 1/2 a mile on a very badly sprained ankle to get one.

Jenny

Preparation H, not that I need any of it ;)

Following a bad case of "Montezuma's Revenge" :eek: , Tucks are an absolute must in our travel first aid kit.

The TP on most cruiseships is probably just a step up from sandpaper, so you'll be glad to have the moist, cooling, comforting "wipes" ;) .

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I was happy to have my little sewing kit - the sewing needle came in handy for popping blisters with all the walking we did! My scissors and/or nail clippers I keep in the outside section of my checked suitcase so I can cut the zipties off when the luggage arrives in our room.

I also bring butterfly bandaids, which really hold a gash together instead of just covering like a regular bandaid.

Actually, it is better not to pop blisters, as you are then exposed to infection. Leave them unpopped as long as possible.

I'm beginning to pack

Thanks to all of you I forgot the scissors, tweezers, Aloe gel for sunburn. sting aid. It's good to have in case you run into some coral or thimble jelly fish. I had an attack with sea lice one yr....What an itch....:eek: Lasted 3 weeks.....

In addition to all the wonderful items mentioned above, I also pack one of those eye glass repair kits. Can't fix a darn thing if my glasses are broken, nor can I take any medication because I can't read the directions on the box. :)

Archived